[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - winmm.dll problem

winmm.dll problem

Postby Danne » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:04 pm

Hi. Regarding SP2, now I am not able to start FMS!!! But when i will delete the winmm.dll file the program works. But on the other hand the radiocontroll will not work.
everytime I start FMS with the -dll.file, an error is promted... "an exception (C0000005 ) occured during Dllentry point...."
followed by file location.
Please help me. I am in a really need of a working sim. I just crashed my planes wing in 3 parts.

Regards Danne
Danne

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:12 am

Hi Danne,
Are you using SmartPropo? If so, where did you take it from?
Let me explain: SmartPropo is nothing but an improved winmm.dll file that tricks your PC to believe that your Tx is really a Joystick.
So, if you did not replace the original file - then you have a pure Windows problem.
If you are using a replacement file - then there might be a problem with it - and I might be able to send you an improved version.
shaul_eiz

Postby edge540t » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:33 pm

i have the same problem with my winmm.dll file. Did you get this resolved?
edge540t

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:49 am

While working with Danne on this problem he found out that his hard disk was faulty. This could very well be the problem. We await a new HD to see that.
Meanwhile, I can send you the latest SmartPropoPlus winmm.dll file to try. If interested, please send me a message.
shaul_eiz

Postby zerocool501 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:58 am

zerocool501

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:53 pm

The latest version of SmartPropoPlus solved the XP SP2 problem. Please go to and download version 2.0.3
You should also put the original winmm.dll back in place.
shaul_eiz

Postby zerocool501 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:06 pm

Thank you for your answer. I don't get any error. But FMS don't starts. When I delete the winmm.dll in the FMS directory, FMS starts. I'm helpless.
zerocool501

Postby shaul_eiz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:25 am

My mistake, I thought you were having a crash.
Well, this is a new problem that I was not aware of.
Let me see that I get it right: You place the DLL in the FMS directory, you double-click on the FMS icon and nothing happens.
When you remove the DLL, FMS starts.
Did you try using the original DLL (SmartPropo)? Same thing? Have you ever installed the WDM version (the one that places a little icon in the tray at the bottom of the screen)? If so you might have to uninstall it.
shaul_eiz

Postby zerocool501 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:15 pm

I don't have installed the WDM Version.
With the original winmm.dll i get the error (C0000005...) without the original winmm.dll fms starts. With the smart probo plus i double click and nothing happens. without the plus winmm.dll fms starts.
I have read anywhere in the web that I have to uninstall the halfduplex modem. But i don't have this in my system.
(sorry for my bad english...)

Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5
Version 2.0 Beta 7
zerocool501

Postby zerocool501 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:16 pm

I forget:
i have tested both new versions: Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5
and Version 2.0 Beta 7.
zerocool501

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:30 am

Your English is OK. Most of us do not speak very good English:;):
It seems that you have found a new problem. Since I don't have Windows 2000, I will open a new thread now, asking someone who does have such a system and can compile the code, to help us.
Thank you for informing me.

Shaul
shaul_eiz

Return to Windows-Version