[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - ART-TECH CESSNA 4- CHANNEL TRANSMITTER

ART-TECH CESSNA 4- CHANNEL TRANSMITTER

ART-TECH CESSNA 4- CHANNEL TRANSMITTER

Postby JohnNewbie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:03 am

I saw a similar post to mine back in December 2005, but no responses were attached. Being new to RC flying, want to really try the sim first (having read many posts suggesting to do this before flying Art-Tech Cessna).

Having said that, I am on XP Pro with a fast machine and loaded the sim from the CD. Going through various posts here, I saw a number of references to upgrading to the SmartPropoPlus (version 3.1.0) which I did. During Calibration phase, I noticed (much to my grief) that all the controls were backwards....but I went ahead anyways. Started up the sim and sure enough, everything was backwards.....e.g. up elevator sent the plane into the ground, down elevator looped me and then slammed me into the ground, right rudder sent me left (and into the ground), etc...

Whilst I am getting pretty good now at flying this way on the sim (well.....a whole 3 days anyways), I really would like to try the sim with the controls working the way they will when I take the Cessna out for the maiden flight.......

If anyone can provide some insight into this......would be really appreciated!

Thanks

:)
JohnNewbie

Postby aeropal » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:21 am

Check the "Inv" boxes during .
aeropal

Postby JohnNewbie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:09 am

Thanks aeropal

Yep tried that.......no effect. Tried with the EXP checked-off.....also no effect.

John :?
JohnNewbie

Postby Wyu » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:54 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: Himm that's odd
Wyu

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:19 am

Make sure you're using the correct calibration screen, recalibrate, check INV boxes and make sure you click OK to exit.

If that doesn't change anything there's something very odd happening. It's always possible that the model you're using is set up strangely so try a couple of different models and see how they behave.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby JohnNewbie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:52 pm

Thanks Steve.......tried recalbrating again, with INV boxes checked and controls are still doing the opposite that they should be doing. You mention to make sure I am using the correct calibration screen........I see only one calibration screen.......is there another?

I am using the MIC as my input.......I do have a LINE IN input.......should I try that and if I do, are there any settings that I have to change?

Thanks

John
JohnNewbie

Postby JohnNewbie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:03 am

Thanks All.........finally figured this one out. Changed the swiches on the front of the transceiver and after trying different combinations, got the controls to work correctly in FMS. As my name implies, I am a newbie at this but by posting this, it may assist other newbies in not looking so dumb.

Now I must remember to switch them back before flying the plane, or everything will be backwards on the plane .... LOL.

John
JohnNewbie

Postby NewbieCessna » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:28 pm

...John, aeropal, Wyu & steve
I have sort of the same problem as you john...

but instead of my controls being backwards my controls just do what they want - when i fly my plane with my transmitter but dont move the sticks, the the plane flys automaticaly but ends up crashing (obviasly) - and when i reinitialize and start to use the sticks it just goes all over the place

you see, when i calibrate, the channel bars are going mental even when i dont move the sticks...

i use an art-tech cessna transmitter and a lead plugged into my mic port, i recently downloaded smartproplus 3.3.0 onto my fms alpha 8.5
...and like you johni am a bit of a newb - but you mentioned something about changing the possisions of the channel switches on the front of the transmitter - whats that about then...?????

sorry i blabbed on about this :lol: - its just that ive had this problem for months :( , du think u guys can help me???
Thanks alot :D
NewbieCessna

Postby NewbieCessna » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:44 pm

:shock: ...sorry guys

just realised that your posts are about 4 months old... :lol:

hope you can help me out anyway :)
Thanks alot :D
NewbieCessna

Return to Windows-Version