[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS Vista

FMS Vista

FMS Vista

Postby wax-um » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:12 pm

Anyone had any luck running FMS with Vista ???? I havent been able too make it work.
wax-um

Postby wax-um » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:01 am

Got it. Microsoft removed a D3DRM.dll file from Vista. Once I downloaded it and added to FMS it runs great.
I am having one small problem with some user made scenery. On most of the photo scenery its giving me a floating point error and will not run.
Any suggestions ????
wax-um

Postby Lindsay » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:52 am

Yep, mine runs fine on Vista with that file added. Quite relieved about that. Bit of a miracle considering the lack of later development.
Lindsay

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:07 pm

Could anyone say whether is usable on Vista?
shaul_eiz

Postby Lindsay » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:03 am

Lindsay

Postby Lindsay » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:18 pm

Shaul, I finally got a new sound card that seems to work (SB Audigy SE).

I am a bit worried, though, as I can't get SPP to 'see' anything from the Line-In. The Line-In is working as I can get the awful digital noise from the speakers. SPP just shows solid blue lines up to half way.

Anyone else tried SPP with Vista?

More testing:- got sppconsole to start but now getting an access violation in winmm.dll.
Lindsay

Postby Lindy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:03 pm

Lindy

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:42 pm

shaul_eiz

Postby Lindsay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:56 pm

Lindsay

Postby Lindsay » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:45 am

Lindsay

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:04 am

Lindsay, you are a great help!
OK, if the thermometer works then it does give me hope. The problem with Winmm.dll seems now to be a technical one rather than a fundamental one.
I'f I'm not mistaken, then the 'generic' flavour of SPP will work for FMS, even on Vista. It is still to see if PPJoy will work.
I appreciate your help.

Shaul
shaul_eiz

Postby Lindsay » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:08 am

Yes, it certainly seems hopeful, Shaul. Sounds like the dll is trying to access memory that is not allowed.

Another change in Vista is that it is very much more security conscious and XP software sometimes doesn't work because it doesn't have permission to write somewhere. You can set compatibility mode on exe's to run in XP/SP2 mode and/or as administrator. This choice is not on dll's, though.

Glad to be of use. Let me know if you want anything tested.

Lindsay.
Lindsay

Vista flying fine. Used the dll addition

Postby HarryBiggins » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:17 am

Hello,
I'm flying fine with latest DyNam usb sim 4 ch mode 2 controller. I followed the forum advice:

Copied the D3DRM.DLL from Windows XP(downloaded off the Web) and put it in the c:\windows\system32 directory

I have an XPS Gen 1 laptop and the latest Radeon drivers.

I'm flying as I would expect. Graphics are Ok with Vista Business Ed.
HarryBiggins

Postby Lindsay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:00 am

That's interesting, Harry. Thanks for adding to the meagre pool of Vista knowledge! I guess the USB port route probably has the greatest chance of success. But I bet Shaul hasn't given up :D
Lindsay

Postby cire » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:45 pm

cire

Next

Return to Windows-Version