[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Fixing the win95/98 crashing

Fixing the win95/98 crashing

Fixing the win95/98 crashing

Postby MikeJoel » Wed May 09, 2007 12:57 pm

I have had a lot of trouble with this and I think (I think) I have come across a fix.

Here is what I did.
Click/Double click
START -> SETTINGS -> CONTROL PANEL -> SYSTEM

Now click the Hardware Profile tab.
Click the Copy button and give it a name.... I chose Video Safe.

Click OK, Click OK. You should be out of the SYSTEM windows (if not just keep clicking OKs until you are.
Restart the computer.

Part way through the reload you will be asked to choose between your Hardware Profiles (choose the one you just created, this will normally be #2)... if so Press the 2 on the keyboard and press ENTER.

The computer will continue loading (if you were wanting windows to load normally you would choose the original configuration (usually # 1).

OK
Now once windows is finished loading go back into the SYSTEM window
(START -> SETTINGS -> CONTROL PANEL -> SYSTEM)

This time click the Performance tab.
Click the Graphics... button.
You will see a window that has a slider. Move the slider ALL the way to the left (marked NONE).
Click OK and click OK again.

Restart the computer.

You now have two hardware configurations. One the Original configuration and the second the one you named (like I said, mine I named Video Safe).
This video safe one has turned off Window's graphic acceleration.

Every time you want to use FMS simply restart the computer and choose this new configuration from the list. When you aren't going to be using FMS simply choose the original one.

FMS was crashing all over for me until I did this.
I normally just run the computer in the new configuration because I don't play video games. If you are playing video games you will want to restart after you are done with FMS and choose the original.

Hope it works for you (if it does post here so others will know it is working)

Mike
MikeJoel

Return to Windows-Version