[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Windows XP - Dynam USB RC flight simulator

Windows XP - Dynam USB RC flight simulator

Windows XP - Dynam USB RC flight simulator

Postby macpaddy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:05 am

Hello Everyone:

I have been reading lots of posts about XP with COM port issues (my problem)... :oops: I have the above simulator with windows XP. I plugged the simulator into a USB port on my computer which has a DB9 COM port. After installing it there is a active joystick on the game controller section of ControlPanel (a PPM controller with OK status).

After reading many posts I assume the issue is with connecting to the COM1 port which is assigned on the simulator FMS Version 2 Alpha 8.3 .
The controller is fixed to the COM1 port. I have checked the controller>joystick followed by calibration and am unable to move the "blue sliders". I can use the keyboard to control the simulation but I need practice with a real RC type transmitter.

I am conversant with CPUs but am confused by the device manager and discovering what is going on with the COM root hub etc..... If someone could give me specific instructions I may :? be able to understand this!

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Patrick
macpaddy

Postby ggunners » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:41 pm

First uninstall FMS 2.8.3 and install FMS 2.8.5. There were a couple of issues with FMS 2 alpha 8.3.

If you have a DB-9 port on your computer, then you do NOT have the WinXP Com port issue.

Choose JoyStick interface in FMS.

-- ggunners
ggunners

FMS 2.8.5

Postby macpaddy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:47 am

Thank you for noticing I had an old version. I uninstalled my old version then downloaded FMS 2.8.5 and reinstalled it. I checked to be sure I was using the latest version, and then went thru changing the controller to joystick with serial controller. I went to calibrate and again I was unable to get the blue sliders to move at all :( ... The joystick using PPM has been confirmed to work. I have unplugged every USB port and the Dynam transmitter is the only thing I have plugged in to a USB port. The telephone modem was originally using COM1 but it has been disabled. Is there anyway to verify the joystick is using COM1? I know you said if I had a DB-9 port I do NOT have a COM port issue but since the controller says I am using COM1, the game controller on Control Panel says I have a valid PPM joystick why do I have no control on the "blue sliders" in calibration?

Thanks In Advance (TIA) for all the help,

Patrick
macpaddy

Postby tlnewton » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:57 am

tlnewton

more info

Postby coupman35 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:58 pm

can you send me more info on the bar , part number do you have to plug it it in the wall to get power to it or just in the usb port .Am shure you can get one on ebaylike to no what it look like so i no what to get thanks
coupman35

still not working

Postby coupman35 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:05 pm

coupman35

Return to Windows-Version