Additional Features - Thoughts for future versions of FMS

Postby rob » Mon Apr 23, 2001 5:19 pm

Some thoughts for additions to fms in future versions:

1. Seperate volume control. It's nice to be able to listen to your own choice of music while playing a game/sim. Certainly in my case, winamp's volume control also controls fms' volume.

2. Keyboard control: When N is pressed, for example, it is taken to mean full left aileron. Same with elevator. What is needed is for these controls to operate in the same way as "throttle more"/"throttle less", where pressing G or B increases or decreases throttle by an amount with relation to the length of time the key was pressed. This would allow shallow curves, continuous climing etc. At the moment, using the keyboard means large diameter turns have to be taken in steps etc.

Maybe the amount that these control are being used could be shown on the screen.

3. A number of different landscapes, maybe including something along the lines of a sports hall, where the walls and ceiling can be hit.

4. Bug fixes:

a: The error that sometimes occurs with saving settings (it doesn't happen everytime, and if I figure out when it happens I'll let you know).

b: After an apparently random amount of time the sound menu item disappears.

Btw, this is an excellant sim, demanding an interface option for win2k as some people have done is pathetic considering the price we have to pay, and aren't we all lucky you can speak fluent english.

Many thanks.
rob

Return to Comments and Suggestions