[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - real airplanes

real airplanes

Postby Sturdy Birdy 10 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:52 pm

Hi
This is a question about real r/c model airplanes. I just moved to La Paz Bolivia some time ago. THis ity is the highest city in south america. They told me that I should by a stronger motor for my plane because of the altitude. In my plane box it said a motor 40 FX but they told me to buy a 46 FX please give me an answer I donot know what to do.
Sturdy Birdy 10
Sturdy Birdy 10

Postby jon » Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:47 pm

Hi

When the altitude increases, the air(density) gets thinner. Every engine need oxygene and fuel mixture to make a comburstion.
The fuel/oxygene ratio is pretty fixed. When the air is thinner you have to lean the throttle needle and simply take avay some fuel so the engine won't run too rich.
This will reduce the power of the engine, so that a .46 engine will in the high-altitude level provide about the same power as a .40 engine at sea-level.
May be you shold consider even a .50 size. You don't need to run it on full power all the time, but you would have some power extra when you need it.
;)
-/-- ------------ --\-
Jon@Norway
jon

Postby Sturdy Birdy 10 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:29 am

Thanks i will use your tip. ;)
Sturdy Birdy 10

Return to Comments and Suggestions