[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Aircraft Stresses - Realistic aircraft stresses

Aircraft Stresses - Realistic aircraft stresses

Postby Pooky » Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:18 am

When I was flying my CG Tiger 2 the other day I pulled a bit hard and when I landed one of the wing bolt lock-nuts had come off. So I thought that why not have realistic damage in FMS that you could turn on or off, for example if you go to fast in a dive and pull too fast damage could occur, there are obviously many combinations of things you could do to overstress the aircraft I just thought it might be nice to add to the realism of the sim. With it being a training sim we don’t want inexperienced pilots going out and doing manoeuvres that would damage there aircraft after doing the same in FMS and nothing happening to the FMS aircraft. Sorry its just one of those tired "I’ve been up all night" thoughts. I had better go to bed now :p
Pooky

Postby VIRUSS » Wed Apr 17, 2002 10:48 pm

:D Yes that would be nice to see in FMS
VIRUSS

Postby verymadmax » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:38 am

the problem is with it is that i would think it would be very hard to put this into the sim. to complicated. for a free sim i would not expect to see that complicated of a program.

but if it could be done that would be cool. :)
i am not realy mad that is just my nickname :)
verymadmax

Postby mattb » Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:05 am

Yeah damage would be tough, although something as simple as removing wings at a certain g loading would be simple, I'm guessing, if FMS is calculating g load already.

Pooky, I also have a Tiger 2. One time I landed and found that one of the bolts had fallen out, this what you're talking about? After that I tried to tighten the bolts down better whenever I flew it. :)

-Matt Bailey
mattb

Postby Flying Baer » Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:04 pm

Hi People,

send pic and 3drawingviews to my mailadress

i create the plane for fms

teddyeckert@aol.com

greeting´s
Michael
Flying Baer
www.flyingbaer.de
Flying Baer

Postby Skua » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:18 pm

As per my own recent post, I would be pleased if the models would "crash" if landed too fast, in a nose-down attitude, or not wings-level. I agree that lots of little stuff happens at the flying field. But most of the damage that we encounter that make our models unflyable (broken landing gear, cracked wing hold-downs, etc.) could be represented in FMS adequately if the model just went "CRUNCH!" :D
Skua

Postby TopGunFMS » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:34 am

I am new at this... but would it be possible to import the stress counter from Flight Sim. 98 or one of the other microsoft simulators, they are very good...
TopGunFMS

Postby red91sit » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:38 am

I CA'd my head to my pillow!
red91sit

Return to Comments and Suggestions