[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Suggestion for new features - What I wish to find in new release of FM

Suggestion for new features - What I wish to find in new release of FM

Postby ultralajt » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:39 am

Hi!

FMS as it is is fine for me...but (there always must be BUT) if the developerers of FMS will include in close future some of new features I will be even more happy flying virtual models and advance my skills more...making me better pilot, saving a lot of balsa trees :o)

Some of features that I wish:

- to add ability to fly "knife"...that means that calculations of flight should take in account lift coefficient of fuselage, when it is exposed to wind by its side. Maybe it will be convinient at first to include only 2 or 3 different options for fuselage CL. For rounded fuselage, for square fuselage, and for high and thin fun fly fuselages. The calculations should take in account that CL depend of angle of attack, and also to be reduced by rudder CL.

- My feeling is that ruder on almost every model that I flew in FMS act little nonrealistic. My experiences in real outdoor flight is that should be done something with that rudder. It should act more smothly. Somethimes I get feeling that ruder only rough rotate model for some degre and next is some odd model behaviour. Maybe is reason par file parameters, and not in FMS code...?

- smoke? I read some suggestions about that! YES it will be helpfull, but it is not necessarry...for me...

- Multiplayer? not necessary (but if you are preparing yourself for COMBAT flying...uau!! It will be great!!!
But then the FMS should also calculate if models hit themselves, and then throw them on the ground...not necessarry to calculate the real path..it will be enough yust to move spinning plane in some curved path to ground (using same simple routine in program..)

- when flying alone it becomes somethmes booring, so it will be fine if FMS could produce some air traffic. It will be enough that only one (computer driven) plane will constantly make patterns, with landings and take offs, so it will disturb us in the air and on the landing place, so we should be prepared to avoid collisions, and thus we should "open our eyes" and think in advance "whai if..." about this "FMS driven RC model. We will then prepare ourself to act properly when someone is crossing our path or if we want to land and one is already in final or on the ground....
I think this will be interesting feature in FMS.

I hope that FMS developerers already think about improovements, but not in direction that FMS will become another game, but that will in future include such features that are helpfull in eyes and hards of true RC modellers...

Regards to all

keep flying, and many happy landings!!

Mitja

:) :angry:
ultralajt

Return to Comments and Suggestions