[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Windows XP version

Windows XP version

Postby Web » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:34 pm

I love FMS a lot. It really helped me prepare for real flying. But I have upgraded to XP, and I can't play FMS anymore. When I try, the model doesn't load for a long time, if at all. And when I try to fly it, the frame rate is the worst I've ever seen. It is about 1 frame per minute. So my suggestion to the makers of FMS is to make an XP compatible version.

Web
Web

Postby Franglais Flyer » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:07 am

FMS beta 7.0 works fine for my XP systems. Make sure you have a graphics card with at least 32 mb of memory.

Good luck!
Franglais Flyer

Postby lego » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:23 am

Do you have a ATI card newer than a Radeon 7500?
If so that is the problem.

FMS hase a work-a-round programming to fix a bug in DirectX 8. This work-a-round causes screenfreezes on the newer, very accurate working ATI cards.

The next FMS version will have a fix on that.

In general FMS works very fine with XP, I've no problems at all exept the ATI card problem.

But you can fly with that bug if you e.g. load the Seabreaze_sunset landscape and make a hand-launch (using the 'r'-key). You will then notice that if you come cloase to the ground the screen freezes - then just pull up and stay above that height. :D
lego

Return to Comments and Suggestions