[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Brilliant intro into RC :) - RC

Brilliant intro into RC :) - RC

Postby Evil_Carrot » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:24 am

Recently bought a helicopter online, while I am waiting for it to arrive I have been 'flying' planes in FMS (Can't fly heli's in it until I receive my new Futaba Tx, that is supplied with a buddybox->PC lead so I can hopefully use it with FMS (Win98se))) - flying the Heli with keyboard is not worth the learning experience IMO.

Orientation was a problem for me initially, couldn't land it [plane] for love nor money, been using for about 30-45 mins a day over the past 3 days, I can now confidentally 'fly' the model around and steer it naturally from whichever orientation - I can also land it competently.
To get a feel of how flying an RC model will be, this software is excellent - I'll use for another 2-3 days on heli's (when I get my Tx) before hovering my one for real, just so the sticks functions are etched into my brain - thinking about what each one does whilst flying will spell disaster - need to become au fait with each function first of all! This is where the sim comes into it's own, for 'finger memory', so each stick function becomes 2nd nature.
I've been told to spend a week learning to hover precisely (on the real one) before attempting anything else.
I know the real thing will be a lot harder, but this has pushed me up a few rungs on the learning ladder, which should prove hugely beneficial.
Anyway, once again, good work people - it's an invaluable learning tool!
Evil_Carrot

Postby Skitchen8 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:11 am

I'd actually suggest for helicopter you spend more time on the simulator, or else buy a trainer stand that straps to the landing gear and lets you fly attached to the ground. If you try to get into R/C too quick, especially heli's, you will spend a lot of unneeded money and time repairing things you break. I also highly suggest you join a club, they will have people willing to teach you, and sell you cheap planes/heli's/parts
Skitchen8

Return to Comments and Suggestions