[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - I reverse engineered the zhen hua serial - request for new serial interface type

I reverse engineered the zhen hua serial - request for new serial interface type

Postby scribbles » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:30 am

I would like to add a serial interface mode compatible with the zhen hua helicopter controller. It doesn't seem to work with any of the existing controls. I reverse engineered it and it uses RS232C async serial bytes in 5 byte packets running at 19200 bps. The first byte in the packet is 0xEF, and the remaining bytes are the four controls (one byte per control). The controls are coded by reversing the bits in the byte (msb becomes lsb). Where 0 is the lowest value. How can I add this to the FMS codebase?
scribbles

Postby Dave_B » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:20 pm

Hi. A few of us now have the same problem.

Did you ever get this to work?

There is a thread at which is also tracking this problem AND the latest addition has been by the guy resposnible for the Parallel Port joystick driver (www.angelfire.com/retro/deonvdw/PPJoy.htm) who is offering to provide a driver if we can confirm the reverse engineering you performed is still valid.

I'll see what I can do with my Zhen Hua over the next few days but any additions you can make might save some time (i.e. you gave up, found another SIM etc. etc.)

Many thanks for the initial reverse engineering. It give a great starting point in order to try to get this TX working with FMS.

Cheers, Dave
Dave_B

Return to Comments and Suggestions