Sanwa RD6000 Sport - Interface Cable

Postby dccj » Wed Nov 07, 2001 1:58 pm

I have made a lead and it works OK but I have to have the tranny turned on with the crystal pulled out.
I have tried putting a jumper onto pins 1 and 4 but this makes no diference (so have removed this jumper). Can anyone advise me if there is a way to do this so that I don't have to keep pulling the crystal.
Thanks in advance
Dave
dccj

Postby johnhlong » Wed Nov 07, 2001 3:06 pm

I have the Airtronics RD6000 Super.

My understanding is that if the transmitter gets the power from the cable and you leave the transmitter turned off, the the power from the cable activates the encoders in the transmitter without activating the Radio section. That would be how it workes if connected to another RD6000 for training. The student doesn't turn on his power but is able to control the aircraft using the power from the instructors radio (That must be turned on). Look at the radio's instructions on how to use the trainer cord with another radio. In this mode you would not drain the batterys and could fly on the simulator forever :).

:( :( :( CAUCTION :( :( :( .

I have yet to try it. Just got the RD6000 and am building a Helicopter so that is second on my list of things to so. I will be adding this on my interface cable (as soon as I get one to work with Win 2000). OBTH I have a simple parralel cable working from the RD6000 to use on my slow win95 laptop.

Hope that helps.

John Long
Seattle, Wa.
USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface