[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Signal Interference for Hitec Flash 4

Signal Interference for Hitec Flash 4

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 17, 2001 7:35 pm

Hello, I'm new to FMS but love it so far. I am trying to use my Hitec but I'm receiving some serious interference. When I select the correct port the blue and white bars go crazy! I have used the same setup in FlyRc but ran it in DOS. Any suggestions?

I am using a Gateway Solo Laptop and running the connection through a 25 pin connector.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:14 pm

Here is what I have tried. I have stopped and removed the modem and the network card, and disabled my Sound card (NeoMagic 128X). I still get the crazy interference. I have checked the IRQ's and the Interrupts to make sure nothing was conflicting and nothing was. Confused and frustrated....

By the way, I am running Win98.

Also, I have tried the Dos 1.6 German and 1.5 English but when I select the plane, I just get a black screen. I can hear the sound so it is not freezing, just no video. Any thoughts?
Fletch

Postby Ger » Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:40 pm

Try to fly anyway! The blue bars do seem to jitter all over the place, but when moving a stick on the Tx I can see which channel is which - and whether to reverse it or not. The flight is still smooth!
Ger
Ger

Postby joaojose » Tue Feb 13, 2001 1:38 pm

I had the same problem the first time I built the interface.
I noticed by then that the interference was worst when the antenna was extended. So I suspected about the quality of the shilded cable that I was using. I changed this cable for a good coaxial RG58 (like thoses used for TV RF signals).
Now I have a stable signal even when the antenna is extended.
What I could not solve is a small jitter on the signal that I suspect comes from the pulses sampling on the parallel port.
joaojose

Postby FlyingSparkz » Sat Nov 10, 2001 1:48 am

what interface are you using with your flash 4? I've tried the one in the manual and can't seem to get it to work
FlyingSparkz

Postby Russ » Sun Nov 18, 2001 3:43 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem with my Hitec Flash5 transmitter. One readme I've seen suggests taking the crystal out of the transmitter but I don't want to damage it.

Any word on whether it is safe to operate the Flash5 without the crystal?
Russ

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface