[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - old SANWA radio with no trainer socket - old SANWA radio with no trainer socket

old SANWA radio with no trainer socket - old SANWA radio with no trainer socket

Postby bitmaniac » Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:05 pm

Hello everyone!
I own a (rather old) Sanwa Space PCM 6ch radio.
Although IT IS a PCM it doesn't supports a training
plug or digital output.

After getting your valuable infos on some other radios
modification I wonder if it would be possible to add
this support to my Sanwa PCM -a digital output could
be a good idea!.
Can you give me some advice in wich section of the
circuit should I search or pay attention???

THANKS ,
ALEXANDER - GREECE
The team of C-64 home micro![br]Have a nice day... :)
bitmaniac

Postby johnhlong » Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:13 am

I believe that FMS only supports PPM.
Rven if you got the interface built the modulation would be wrong :(

John
Seattle
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby bitmaniac » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:00 am

Hi! John
I forgot to mention that my SANWA has an option
to select PPM or PCM, so I think it could be done
but I don't know where exactly I can take the signal from?! (I don't own an oscilloscope....)
bitmaniac

Postby johnhlong » Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:04 pm

I went ou to the web and downloaded one of the shareware ociliscopes. They work using your soundcards input jack.

I then went to Radio Shack and got a cable that connected to my sound card input. You need a sterio input plug or a mono cable and a mono/sterio adaptor for the sound card side. I got aligator clips for the testing side.

I then was able to look at signals and found the right pin that way on my Futaba radio.

Not the best but it did the trick.

John
Seattle, WA
USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby bitmaniac » Thu Dec 20, 2001 3:16 pm

Thanks for your reply my friend!

I was thinking of doing sth like this.
I;ve already downloaded some shareware programs
and I;m going to test them with my r/c
Thanks anyway...

P.S If you want I can mail my sound card-oscilloscopy
proggys I've found (about 8-10 in number!)
bitmaniac

Postby joey pen » Sun Jan 06, 2002 12:57 am

I own a old sanwa space PCM 6ch rdio.
I connect it to PC sucessfuly.
This is how I have built it:
Open the rear remote control lid.
The module HF is in the middle of the remote control board.
Do not remove the HF module ! Only get the signal out!!
Now on the board a 4-pole connector with 4-cable should become visible.
The sequence of the 4-cable from upward to downward is RED WHITE WHITE WHITE .
The first RED-cable is signal-out-cable.
The amplitude of this signal is 8.4v.
Connect this signal-pin out by soldering a wire cable.
Connect another ground-pin out by soldering a wire cable (You can find the pin out at the control-module easily).

See the first diagram of FMS’s manual (FMS ver.2.0 beta 7).
Solder the two wire cable to the appropriate pins.
I use 520 Ohm in stead of 680 Ohm.
When you connect the radio to PC for playing FMS ,be sure to pull out the crystal.

Happy flying!!!!
Joey pen (p6234564@ms1.hinet.net)
joey pen

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface