[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Getting my newly built interface to work with Windows 98 SE

Getting my newly built interface to work with Windows 98 SE

Postby f2racer » Wed Oct 10, 2001 9:59 am

I just built a JR interface from mailorder radio shack parts. I plugged it into the parallel port and booted Win98SE. Started FMS and got nothing. Tried the DOS utility TXINT.EXE and still got nothing. Did a "Restart in MS-DOS mode" and started TXINT.EXE and it looked like the interface was working fine. I then restarted the machine hit an F8 upon bootup and went into "command line" mode ran TXINT.EXE and got nothing again. As far as I can tell, the interface only seems to readable if I'm in windows and select the "Restart in MS-DOS mode". Can anyone help!

Thanks!
f2racer

Postby Carrnutt » Wed Oct 10, 2001 1:24 pm

First make sure your port is set at epp or ecp in bios also check your system resources and disable any shared with port i also saw something about soundblaster cards having ssome effect on it as well.
you can find lots of troubleshooting help in the forum if you check some older posts.

Good luck
Carrnutt[br]Blinded by the light
Carrnutt

Postby f2racer » Wed Oct 10, 2001 3:27 pm

Answered my own question about 15 minutes after posting the question. I read that the Soundcards may have issues. I check all the settings on my SoundBlaster Live! Value card and saw no conflicts in either the address or interrupt. I disabled the SoundBlaster 16 "emulation" and presto, the interface works. Some jitter, but I think it adds to the realism of the simlator. What a HUGE difference controlling with a transmitter as opposed to keyboard or joystick. I thought that I was relatively proficient, all that changed with the transmitter... Got some training to do now.

Thanks!
f2racer

Postby Carrnutt » Thu Oct 11, 2001 3:59 am

I am glad you got it working.

L O L :-)

I know the feeling about the world of difference the controller makes. I agree with you about the jittering, I figure that if i can handle hovering with that then it wont be unlike the wind variances.

Have fun!
Carrnutt[br]Blinded by the light
Carrnutt

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface