[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - How to connect MC-12 to WinXP Notebook?

How to connect MC-12 to WinXP Notebook?

Postby Werner » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:48 pm

Dear All,

I would highly appreciate if you provided me the information how to connect a Graupner MC-12 easily and reliably to the serial or parallel interface of a XP notebook.

Thank you
Werner
Werner

Postby Eric Brouwer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:37 am

My experience with notebooks are that the serial PIC interfaces does not function correct on all notebooks. The output voltage on the serial ports are too low, that the interface circuit can no longer obtain it's power directly from the port.

For notebooks, I highly recommend using the more expensive USB interface.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby Werner » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:43 pm

Thank you Eric for your recommendation to use an USB port of a XP notebook to connect Graupner MC-12.

Do you know which modifications I need to do at the MC-12 itsself (to have also a port available) and whether there exist working USB cables which I can buy somewhere or whether I had to build on by myself.

Werner
Werner

Postby Eric Brouwer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:28 am

Sorry, but with the transmitter I can not help.

Have a look for a list of interface vendors.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface