[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Hitec Focus 4 to FMS Interface Schem. - Can you help me find a good schematic to build the interface

Hitec Focus 4 to FMS Interface Schem. - Can you help me find a good schematic to build the interface

Postby Gideon » Thu Sep 27, 2001 10:25 am

I Have worked with the FMS simulator and it looks very good.
I have tried to connect it to my parallel port, but probably my connection is not good.
The simulator recognizes it has a signal, but doesn't respond to the controls.
Can you help me find a good schematic to build the interface for the Hitec Focus 4?
Gideon

Postby Michael_Moeller » Thu Sep 27, 2001 10:48 am

I the FMS can find a signal, but doesn't calibrate the channels, then the problem is most certainly some conflict with the interrupt, and not a problem with the interface. Have a look through this forum (search function) there are many reasons and solutions for that. The most common is: You have a Soundblaster soundcard, that has IRQ sharing enabled. But it may also be some printer-spooler, wrong mode for the parallelport (BIOS), or (worst, but very rare) a very bad and cheap parallelport, that doesn't support interrupts :-( ....

Michael Möller
Michael_Moeller

Postby Gideon » Thu Sep 27, 2001 2:14 pm

Michael,

Thanks for all the advice, I have tried it but unfortunately I didn’t succeed.
I worked with the txtest.exe tool and I can see clearly that I have a good response on my Parallel Port. The problem is that I don’t get any response on the FMS application.
By the way I’m using win98.
I’ll be happy if you have additional ideas.

Thanks
Gideon
Gideon

Postby Michael_Moeller » Thu Sep 27, 2001 3:31 pm

Have you read (and tested !!!) through this topic:

Have you had a look at your device-manager, wether there is any device using the same irq like your parallelport?

Michael Möller
Michael_Moeller

Postby Gideon » Thu Sep 27, 2001 7:30 pm

Michael,

Thanks for the reference.
I have managed finally to get the FMS simulator working after I have disabled the SoundBlaster and restarted the computer.
It seems odd that the SoundBlaster that has no shared IRQ with the parallel port can make such a problem.

I hop that in the next version this problem will be solved.

Thanks again
Gideon
Gideon

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface