[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Can´t use FMS w/ WinXP. - WinXP don´t recognize signal in PPort.

Can´t use FMS w/ WinXP. - WinXP don´t recognize signal in PPort.

Postby PAZ » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:57 am

Hello guys,
I was using FMS with Win98 and PPort interface without problems.
After migrating for WinXP, I tryed to use FMS but no success. I had installed PPJoy 08.0. During PPJoy installation, I do not have any errors and receive the Win message "PPM radio control TX Joystick installed with success and working on parallel port".
My system:
WinXP - PPJoy 08.0 - PPort set:EPP, IRQ7 no shared - Game Controler: LPT1:PPM radio control TX Joystick 1 - Parallel Interface 4.87 Vpp pin 10-18 w/ scope.
When I use the Debug PPM RC Interface, do not hear any sound. During the configuration when I click in scan, does not happen anything. When I tryed to calibrate, the blue bars don´t move.
It seems that WinXP don´t recognize any signal on the parallel port coming from TX but I´m sure that the signal exists, because I can see with scope.
There is something that I can do to solve the problem.
Thanks for any help.
PAZ

Postby Mike Roberts » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:19 pm

PAZ

The parallel and IRQ serial interfaces use a feature that was excluded from W2k and XP. You need a PIC Serial or a USB interface to work with XP.

Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby PAZ » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:08 am

Thanks Mike.
For this moment I´ll make a modifications in a old Futaba Conquest TX to transformer it in a Joystick. Even so, I´ll follow your sugestion and will make a PIC serial interface for use in my Laptop.

Tks once more,

PAZ from Brasil.
PAZ

Postby Frogger » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:37 am

Well on my computer the Parralelport Interface works fine with winXP.
I think i'm using the defaults for the PPJoy 0.8.
But i have changed somethink with my LPT1 settings and i dont know what. But i can tell you my settings:
Controllersettings:
* Use every interrupt that is set to that Device
* Activate Legacy for Plug & Play

Resources:
* Configurate automaticly

This are my settings hopefully translatet the right way from my german windows.

And an other hint:
When i restart my windows and connect my RadioControl to the Computer i have to push the Mapping and go trough that dialog till the end. Otherwise he wont recognize my controller (no debug sound and no function).

so i guess you have to change your LPT settings ... remouve your interface in PPJoy and make a new one ... then hopefully it works fine.

Have Luck

Carsten
Frogger

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface