[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Intreface Construction - How to build the interface

Intreface Construction - How to build the interface

Postby Airvista » Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:19 am

Hello,
I was just wondering, do I have to get a buddy cable to make the interface?? I have never made any interfaces or controllers so I am not to possitive on how to build this thing. Is it a good idea to follow the numbers in the manual for instance 680ohm resistance?? One other thing, how do I connect the 6 pin DIN plug to the resistor, then to the diode and finally to the parrallel cable?? The manual seemed confusing cause they don't offer actual pics.
Anyways thanks
Andrew
Airvista

Postby tenente » Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:20 pm

Hello.
Hi

For me , one of the best examples , is this:

http://www.heliguy.com/nexus/fmsinterface.html

Regards

ATenente

PS: For now only works on Windows 98 or 95 , not in XP and 2000.
tenente

Postby johnhlong » Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:22 pm

Andrew,

You are better off building an interface if you already understand the basics of electronics and assembly.

If you don't have the equiptment (Soldering iorn, flux, solder, etc) you might be better off just purchising a finished interface cable. There are some very reasonable prices for cables out there for sale.

Before I recomend which type of cabel to buy (or build) I will need to know a bit about your setup.

Please answer these questions:

Operating system:

Do you have plans to upgrade your operating system in the near future?

Version of FMS:

What transmitter are you using:

Do you plan on getting another transmitter in the near future?

Does it have a buddy (Trainer) connection:

Are you looking at the serial, parallel, joystick or PIC interface (Or do you even care which interface):

John
Seattle, WA
USA

(425) 837-0802

Fell free to call me if you would like to.
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Airvista » Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:59 pm

Hey thanks for the help,
Here is my position;

OS - WinME
Might choose to upgrade to XP later (after they fix the bugs)
FMS Version - 2.0 Beta 7
Transmitter - Tower Hobbies 4FM
I might get the Tower Hobbies 6FM
Trainer Connection - YES
Type of connection - Most probably Parallel.

I know I can build the interface, i just don't know exactly how all the stuff goes together (resistors, diodes and stuff). Do I have to buy a buddy cable though?? cause they are pretty expensive to cut up.

Thanks a lot for your help
Andrew
Airvista

Postby solo » Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:49 pm

the link above is one of the simplest (it has pics). it works with Win ME. u could just use ordinary speaker cable. unfortunately i cant tell u anything about the pin configuration on your tx, which is important, as i dont have it.

goodluck.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby Airvista » Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:28 am

I have a 6-pin configuration on my transmitter.

I did take a look at the site above...I have just a few questions.

1) Where is the Diode that was mentioned in the FMS Manual?

2)Is speaker cable simply one solid copper cable in an insulation?

Thanks a lot guys
Andrew
Airvista

Postby solo » Mon Feb 18, 2002 8:27 am

1) this particular interface does not require a diode.

2) any speaker cable or a lamp wire or any shielded cable would do......this is not critical, however sheilded cable can help reduce interference.

hope this helps.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface