[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Hitec Focus 4 parallel port interface - Can't get it to work

Hitec Focus 4 parallel port interface - Can't get it to work

Postby jman » Sun Jan 13, 2002 4:44 pm

Hi all,
I have put together the interface as specified by the FMS manual but have not been able to get my PC to recognize the RC. Has anyone had any experience with the Hitech Focus 4 on FMS? Any comments are appreciated. I am running on PIII with a win98 platform.

Thanks, jman
jman

Postby johnhlong » Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:00 pm

First thing to try is the interface test program.
I believe it comes with FMS.

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby jman » Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:21 am

I finally found the inttest.ext file in the German 1.6 DOS download, but it has no instructions. I will try it later and let you know how it went.
Thank you for your help :)

jman
jman

Postby jman » Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:43 pm

Can't figure the tester out. Any hints? Thanks,

jman
jman

Postby johnhlong » Wed Jan 16, 2002 1:25 am

After you start the test program you should see 10 bar graphs.

In the begining they won't do anything.

When you turn on your transmitter they should start jumpung around. Then moving the sticks on the transmitter you should see one of the graphs follow each channel as it is moved.

If nothing works, either your transmitter is not outputting correctly or the input parallel port is not setup correctly.

Después de que usted comience el programa de la prueba usted debe ver 10 gráficos de barra.

En begining no harán cualquier cosa.

Cuando usted gira su transmisor deben comenzar el jumpung alrededor.

Entonces moviendo los palillos en el transmisor usted debe ver uno de los gráficos seguir cada canal mientras que se mueve.

Si nada trabaja, o su transmisor no está haciendo salir correctamente o el acceso del paralelo de la entrada de información no setup correctamente.

John
Seattle, WA
USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby jman » Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:07 pm

Thanks for the instructions John but I think that my problem goes back a bit further. When I run the INTTEST.EXE I get a DOS screen with the following info:

E/A Bereich LPTx (ūBC,踚,趶,ŪBC):

If I enter LPT1 then I receive the following error:
Runtime error 106 at 0000:03EF.

and then the program shuts itself off.

If I enter 0378 which is my LPT1 I/O range then it returns the original DOS screen.

I have disabled my soundblaster which is running on a diffrent IRQ and I/O and the same thing happened.

My paralel port is configured as:
LPT1
IRQ 7
I/O Range 0378-037F

Any clues?

Thanks for your time and patience!

Jonatan
jman

Postby johnhlong » Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:00 am

What is the date and file size of the program you are running?

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby jman » Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:59 am

John,

It's the:

FMS Interface-Test 1.0 <c> Copyright 1999-2000

It is 7920 Bytes.

Do you think I have a wrong/incomplete version of the file?

Thanks,

Jonatan
jman

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface