[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Futaba compatability with FMS

Futaba compatability with FMS

Postby kram66 » Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:33 pm

Anyone have any ideas? I built a parallel interface to use with a new Futaba8uhps. I checked the wiring, checked several addresses and IRQs, changed bios settings (ECP and EPP, etc.), checked sound card settings and still can not get a signal. Ive used the parallel port on the computer to hook a laptop too with no problems......just cant think of what else to try to get FMS to recieve a signal. Im not real familiar with the transmitter if there is something special you have to do with it? Any help is appreciated.....thanks
kram66

Postby itrytofly » Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:47 am

I to am having the same problem with my futaba skysport4. I just had a an electronic technician look at the cable and said that it was not configured correctly. something about the signal wire not being connected correctly. Here is what he wrote back to me:> I took a look at your cable. Here is what I found:
>
> 1. Pin 10 is connected to Pin 4 (Signal) of the buddy connector.
> 2. Pin 18 is connected to Pin 6 of the buddy connector.
> 3. The shield of the buddy connector is not electrically connected to the
> shield of the cable. I suspect this is part of the problem.
>
> The current pin connection configuration isn't listed anywhere in the
> documentation, nor are many of the circuit components attached to the
> db25. According to the documentation the shield (not pin 6) should be
> connected to pin 18. I can test to verify whether pin 4 is actually the
> signal output of your controller, but I would recommend sending the cable
> back to the original vendor. Make sure that the vendor matches the model
> of your remote with the exchanged cable <- this is also suspect.
>
I do not know where to find the correct wiring diagram maybe you do??
I tried the FMS site but did not find enough on this topic.
itrytofly

Postby kram66 » Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:58 am

The plans I used can be found at

http://www.heliguy.com/rcheli/home.html

Very easy to make this interface.......I just cant get a signal. These instructions say to use pin #2 instead of pin #4.
kram66

Postby kram66 » Sat Sep 15, 2001 9:00 pm

Futaba problem solved.............The problem I had was with the cables I used to connect to the computer. I originally had about 7ft of parallel cable that I had been using to plug things into the computer. The cable I used for the Futaba added another 4 1/2 feet and was just too long to get a signal. When I the 4 1/2 foot cable directly into the computer my problems were over. I used the sim for about 35 minutes and experienced no signal fluctuations. I should have thought of shortning the cable earlier.
kram66

Postby itrytofly » Mon Sep 17, 2001 3:48 am

I have to say that you sent me to the right site for info. I followed the diagrams on the web site and I am flyin thanks to my trusty soldering iron. I have a signal but it is very glitchy. Thanks again to kram66
itrytofly

Postby kram66 » Tue Sep 18, 2001 12:21 am

A couple things that helped..................my wires from the parallel port are insulated, are no longer than 4 1/2 feet, and I keep the wires away from the computer...(I think the computer emits some signals which may cause glitches). Anyhow, my connection is solid.....no glitches.

I think the type of soder could have some influence on a good signal also.
kram66

Postby WreckRman2 » Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:57 am

I just made an interface for my Futaba Skysport 4. Everything works except it is real jerky. Any ideas?
WreckRman2

Postby itrytofly » Tue Sep 18, 2001 5:58 am

The most
important question is: what sound card does it have?
If it's SoundBlaster, then you have to go to
Start/Settings/Control panel/System/Device Manager and
select soundcard-related devices (one by one).
Somewhere in one (or several) SoundBlaster device
properties, there is "Printer Interrupt (or IRQ)
Sharing". You must disable sharing! Then you will have
sound and it will not interfere with FMS.
Also, you may safely disable "DOS SoundBlaster
emulation" device, if you have such in the list of
Sound and Multimedia devices in Device Manager.
itrytofly

Postby kram66 » Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:18 pm

I use a soundblaster live card, It is set to:

not allow lpt interupt sharing
sounblaster emulation is enabled
kram66

Postby WreckRman2 » Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:51 pm

I have a SB16 but no where do I see an option to disable sharing...
WreckRman2

Postby WreckRman2 » Tue Sep 18, 2001 4:09 pm

Oh well, screw it... This really needs to go through the gameport to work correctly. Then you could add it as a 4 axis joystick...
WreckRman2

Postby kram66 » Tue Sep 18, 2001 9:15 pm

To disable lpt interupt sharing look under:

control panel
system
device manager
creative misc. devices
creative sb16 emulation
properties
settings

should see an option here that you can check on/off

The sound card Im using is a creative sound blaster live............
kram66

Postby WreckRman2 » Tue Sep 18, 2001 9:19 pm

All I show is SB16 PNP when I go to properties/settings all it shows is a check box for full duplex.
WreckRman2

Postby kram66 » Tue Sep 18, 2001 11:46 pm

You can try disabling the soundcard...................Im sure you did calibrate the signals and set up the channels? Also you may try removing the crystal from the transmitter to save battery life and signal interference?
kram66

Postby WreckRman2 » Wed Sep 19, 2001 1:01 am

I removed the sound card, nothing, I did calibrate it but haven't removed the crystal.
WreckRman2

Next

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface