[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - New E-Sky radio gear/serial problems - Is this a bug?

New E-Sky radio gear/serial problems - Is this a bug?

Postby Deffiant » Wed May 18, 2005 6:11 pm

I have recently bought the new E-Sky radio gear and I am struggling to get it to work through the serial port. I have tried it with or without the RF Module, on and off, on all ports, on both frequencies, and all possible combinations of the above. Sadly it still doesnt work. It works when I calibrate it through game controls in my computer (win XP), though not in FMS. I have unplugged everything bar my radio gear, mouse, keyboard and monitor and still no joy. I have found that my mouse does affect channel 5, so could my mouse be the problem? So I unplugged that and couldnt get into the controls config. So if there is anyone who may shed some light on my predicament then please let me know. Cheers.

Deffiant "Childlessness is hereditary, if your pearents dont have kids then neither will you!".
Deffiant

Postby Eric Brouwer » Fri May 20, 2005 7:51 am

I assume you are using PPJoy, as you say that the device works correct under Control Panel/Gaming Options.

You propably have several joystick devices installed. To correct the problem, simply change the Contriller ID to 1 for the device you will be using in FMS. This is done in Control Panel/Gaming Options. There should be a Controller ID selection.

In FMS, ensure you select Joystick Interface, and also do a full calibration and channel mapping in FMS.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby Deffiant » Wed May 25, 2005 10:17 pm

I got rid of it in the game controlers after finding out that I had it configured all wrong. Yet I have had it working in another sim (one I got with the heli), and still ive had no joy in FMS. As I have no parralell or game port on my machine, I have been using it in the serial port. I have tried every combination I can think of and have again run out of ideas.
On the bright side, got myself a ps2 to usb converter (4 way), so I can fly quite happily now with the analogue sticks on the playstation pads! Yippee

Deffiant "Doh!!! Crashed my heli, time to build some more blades!"
Deffiant

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface