[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Futaba T6XA - Anyone tryed FMS serial interface with it?

Futaba T6XA - Anyone tryed FMS serial interface with it?

Postby RookieOne » Fri Nov 02, 2001 12:14 pm

Hi to all FMS forum members!

I've make some attempts to keep my FMS serial interface running but the models fly out of control.
I've read about removing sound, shielded lead, remove cristal and so on but none of them worked with my FUTABA T6XA transmitter.

Should I use pin 4 and ground as specified on the scheme or my Tx uses different pins?

Thanks to all.
RookieOne
RookieOne

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Nov 02, 2001 2:39 pm

So did you try the suggestion I gave you on the Ezone a week ago ? NOTE pin 6 is important for some Txs.

BTW the standard serial interface works fine with Skysport, FF6, FF8 and every other Futaba or Hitec FM tx I've tried. Only JRs have a problem with it.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby RookieOne » Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:29 pm

Slewin, Nice to meet you here too!!
I trust you, but I wanted to know more opinions from the FMS forum.

The scheme I followed was signal to pin 4 and 0V to the Din connector shield.

I've to try it.

I'll let you know about the result in 20 minutes.

hang in!

RookieOne
RookieOne
RookieOne

Postby RookieOne » Mon Nov 05, 2001 6:53 pm

Hi Slewin,

I got it now! Controls and sound are jittering but at least I was able to make a complete flight and land safely.

I've tryed to unplug sound and get lead shorter but controls are still jittering.

The lead I used is a low voltage computer cable EMELEC 2x0,14.

What can I do?
RookieOne
RookieOne

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Nov 05, 2001 9:45 pm

I don't know what that cable name means but if it's screened and you have the screen correctly grounded to the DIN plug metal screen and Pin 6 there's not much else you can do except.....

Download a copy of Beta 7, it's a lot smoother.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby RookieOne » Tue Nov 06, 2001 8:23 am

I kept pin 4 (upper right viewed from the front) soldered.

I've seen similar 6 pin DIN connectors with different pin numbers.

Mine has pin 6 in the lower center. That's right?

Bye
RookieOne
RookieOne

Postby RookieOne » Wed Nov 07, 2001 12:39 pm

Slewin,

Pin 6 does not work with my Tx.
I'll use pin 4.
FMS jitters but..............nobody's perfect

See ya on the E-zone.
RookieOne
RookieOne

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface