[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PPjoy, Dragonfly, "Invalid sync byte" - Transmitter via PPjoy and com-port

PPjoy, Dragonfly, "Invalid sync byte" - Transmitter via PPjoy and com-port

Postby bno » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:42 pm

Have installed PPjoy sucessfully but when I try to connect my Dragonfly transmitter (35.120) via PPjoyCOM, selects "Virtual joystick" (sucessfully opened joystick) and "COM1" (reading serial stream) and finally Zhen Hua 5 byte protocol, then it states "Invalid sync byte" below (but should have been "Reading serial stream").

Ofcourse my transmitter is conected and is on, and I have tried on 2 different computers (win2000 and winXP). Also tried to open FMS to see if my transmitter gave any signal but no response.

Any idea what I could do?

Bjornar
bno

Postby CoolWombat » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:19 pm

What cable are you using? Mine didn't come with a cable, so I had to fabricate one myself. Basically I has to solder three wires to a standard S-Video plug and a DB-9. Fairly straight forward.

If you look at the solder end of the S-Video plug, with the pins arranged at the bottom (like the mouth of a smiley face), the top left pin is 1, top right is 2, bottom left is 3 and bottom right is 4. The connections are -

S-Video DB9
1 -------- 7
2 -------- 2
3 - No connection
4 -------- 5

Yes, pin 3 on the S-Video plug is not connected/used. I was getting the same error as you intermittently when I has pin 3 connected to pin 3 on the DB9 as recommended by some info I got off the web, so you might want to check your cable.

As for the software, I used PPJoyCOM version 0.83. I basically followed the excellent guide by Dave Goodman to set up the software -

Have fun!
CoolWombat

Postby tuf » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:06 am

I'm having the same problem - you're suggesting that disconnecting pin3 could solve the problem?
tuf

Postby bno » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:28 am

Hi again
I reveived a cable with my dragonfly but the local supplier has now informed me that it is most likely a wrong cable type (it worked with the "old" Walkera transmitter but not the new one).

Regards
Bjørnar
bno

Postby tuf » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:50 am

Hei Bjørnar!

He didn't point you in any direction? My impression is that the transmitter has been around for some time - but maybe I'm wrong - or maybe the electronics has changed.

Maybe I better build myself a good training rigg...

HÃ¥vard
tuf

Postby bno » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:52 am

Electronics have changed -have no idea in what way, just know that the new transformer for Walkera 22E is different from the old ones (and therefor the "old cable" does not work) and rumers sais that Walkere does not produce cables for the new ones (believe it or not......).

Someone recommended I'll give no guaranties but they state that if you have a Walkera 22A like me (or 35), it should work. Ufortabtly its sold out for the moment (just checked the link above)

Anyway, my local supplier has'nt replied back yet. I'm waiting for response......
:p
bno

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface