[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Intefacing diagram for JR Radios. - How to interface with JR radios?

Intefacing diagram for JR Radios. - How to interface with JR radios?

Postby Mike Roberts » Thu May 02, 2002 8:08 pm

Paul

For AC check you need and AC setting on your meter. It should not matter which way round they are applied (does for DC).

Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby plasoneal » Tue May 28, 2002 6:38 pm

Mike:
I've been spending all my "hobby available" time on real flying, now that the weather's good, so I haven't gotten around to retesting the IF yet. However, I MAY have an opportunity to borrow an oscilloscope this weekend. If that works out, can you tell me where to begin testing, and what I'm looking for? I'll probably only have the 'scope for about 24 hours if it works out at all, so I probably won't have time to bounce messages back and forth with you. The guy I'm borrowing the 'scope from may be able to assist me too.

Paul
plasoneal

Postby Mike Roberts » Tue May 28, 2002 8:33 pm

Paul

The form of the trace you are looking for will be pulses of duration around 0.5ms, spaced out so that the leading edge of the channel pulses is 1-2ms (and changes as you move the sticks) followed by the sync pulse which typically has a duration of 4-8ms.

Keep the scope ground at battery negative. For JR the signal will be about 1.2v peak to peak. With your Tower Hobbies transmitter I hope you will find a larger magnitude signal of 5-8 volts referenced to ground. Note the level of the bottom of the pulses as well as the top. :D
Mike Roberts

Previous

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface