[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - esky 3d transmitter - serial cable - win 2k .... problems  HELP

esky 3d transmitter - serial cable - win 2k .... problems  HELP

Postby lyjo » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:33 pm

OK I've tried all that I"ve found to get my esky 3d transmitter to work...
I got ppjoy setup ...
ppjoy-com - get beeps on test...
go in fms and controls are crazy...
Move elevator and all move eradically...

Does anyone have the esky 3d transmitter with serial cable working on windows 2000 machine.. if so can you give me the details : port settings ppjoy setup etc...

HELP....:blues:
lyjo

Postby sroyj » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:56 am

You're doing better than I am. I haven't gotten any signs of life. :(( Your problem sounds like RF interference problems. Try turning the radio off. If that doesn't work, pull the crystal out.

Can you break down for me your setup? Are you going in the serial port? Using PPJoy, FMS? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
sroyj

Postby lyjo » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:27 pm

I found one solution that doesnt include the serial cable...

Made a parallel cable as described. at under the Use of own remote control with FMS
Connection of a remote control to a Parallel port section.

Use pins 1 and 2 as described (although pin 2 is actually the shield..)
The plug is an s-video plug (purchased at radio shack)
parts just a few dollars... Little solder some hot glue and done...

Then use ppjoy but no ppcom...

The only thing I noticed is that the channels are mixed even through the Trainer port...
Is this the same with the serial connection? works great for heli in FMS but suck on planes?
lyjo

Postby sroyj » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:56 am

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna give that a try.

Roy
sroyj

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface