[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Need help with Airtronics Interface - Controller Recognition

Need help with Airtronics Interface - Controller Recognition

Postby Matt Chester » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:16 pm

I bought a plug a long time ago to use with my Windows 98 system and FMS using my Futaba radio. Well I sold that radio a while back and have gotten an Airtronics Vanguard 6 channel radio.

I want to use my Futaba plug with my Airtronics radio so I took the cable apart at the radio side, and used the pins to connect it to my Airtronics radio from information from this page:

But I cant get it to work with my FMS now.

I was confused about what that web site said when it said this about my radio:

This works for the RD6000. Note that with some systems (not mine) you must set the signal to inverted. Also signal voltage is 3v so will not reliably trigger logic inputs directly.

Note: connections viewed looking at transmitter or behind plug.

Can you help me figure out what this means and how to get my radio to work with FMS?
Matt Chester

Postby overhead » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:29 am

Hi Matt

Have a look a my website. There you will see a diagram of the signals from different radio manufacturers. The Airtronics PPM signal is completed inverted compared to Futaba. So changing the connections to get the signal to your circuit may or may not work. The design of the interface will determine if the polarity is important. My interface is designed to look at change on the PPM signal , not level. This way it works with most all radio types. If your interface will only work with Futaba type signal then you need to invert the signal. Some radios have a PPM invert function as was mentined at the customelectronics website. If you can't change the PPM polarity in your radio you can just revesre the two wires in the trainer plug around. If the signal is less than 3v then you would probably need a amplifer on the input. I think the Vanguard has full voltage swing on the PPM signal so just reverse the two leads in your trainer connector but use the same pins and you should be ok.

Hope that helps.

Dennis
overhead

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface