[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS Cable Scheme problems!!

FMS Cable Scheme problems!!

Postby Nandox7 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:49 am

Hi,
i was trying to build the scheme that FMS brings but i'm having some problems.
The version i'm trying to do is the one with the PIC12C508A.
First in the scheme Q2 shows up as a KT3107 but i think that is wrong it must be a KT3102, right?
I can't find those transistors here, so i'll be using Q1 - BC557B and for Q2 - BC547B, any problem with this?
The second and most problematic thing is the programation of th ePIC12C508A, everytime i've try to program it with the firmware, i got errors when i go verify, it never got a good verification. The code burned is never equal to the file. I've tried two programmmers i have, JDM and another one simillar, both with the same results. And the programmers are ok, i've tried burning other code from others things i got here and it goes ok, with no problems and it passes the verifications. I've trashed some pics already... and still no cable.

If anyone could give a hand i'd appreciate.

Thank you.
Nandox7

Postby overhead » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:20 pm

Hi,

There can be many problems with programming PIC's. You would have to describe your personal setup in datail before anyone could try to help find your problems.

I could though suggest that you use a 12F629 instead of the 12C508A. The 12F629 is a flash based micro and can be programmed many many times. You do not have to worry that the program loaded ok. If there is a problem just erase it and reprogram.

There are several 12F629 interface codes available on the internet including my website, .

Good Luck,

Dennis
:)
Dennis
overhead

Postby Nandox7 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:56 pm

Ok.
I've been using a JDM programmer and icprog to program the pic's.
In icprog, i'm using the default configuration, only chossing JDM Interface in th elist, and 'Windows API' in the interface option. I'm running this on windows XP.
Regarding the programming, it ges ok with no hang up or error, only in the final when icprog goes to check if the pic was well programmed it gives an error. The file code is not equal to the one burned on the pic, i've notice it misses some lines of it.

I'll try to use one of your schemes, but i've wasted so much tim and material on this one. That i'd realy like to make it work! :)

Thank you.
Nandox7

Postby Eric Brouwer » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:25 am

I do not know your programmer or it's software, but I can make some suggestions.

First, make sure that you set the configuration bits correct. If the "Code Protect" bit is set, the chip will program, but the verification will fail, as it can not read back the code from a code protected PIC.

Also, ensure that the rest of the configuration bits are set correct. (Internal Oscillator On, WDT On, Master Clear Internal)

Q1 could be any PNP transistor with a gain of at least 100 (BC179, 2N3609)

Q2 could be any NPN transistor with a gain of at least 100 (BC109, 2N2222)

If you still have problems, you can have a look on for the circuit diagrams and code that I use on all the units I sell.

Personally, I would recommend the 12F509/12F675 PICs, as they are flash devices, and can be reprogrammed several times. When using them, please ensure that you do not erase the calibration data at location &H3FF.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby Nandox7 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:18 am

Well, i've tryied using the 'failed verify' pic, but it didn't work.
But i'm using different Q1 and Q2, i'll try to get those you said. And test again.
And try again.

Thank you.
Nandox7

Postby Nandox7 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:18 pm

Does 'MCLR' in icprog mus be activated or not?
Nandox7

Postby Nandox7 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:37 am

Ok, i've flashed another pic with MCLR turned off.
Changed Q1 and Q2 to BC179 and BC109 and it's working ok.
:)

A bit buggy but it works.

Thank you everyone.
Now i'll start trying to do another one of the schemes that where given.
Nandox7

Postby Eric Brouwer » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:37 am

Glad to hear it's now working.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface