[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Serial Port Interface doesn't work

Serial Port Interface doesn't work

Postby skagerrak » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:02 pm

Hallo to everybody,

I built the Serial Port Interface from the online Manual. I have the Robbe Terra Top and refered also to the site of Harald Sattler but I can't get it going. Isn't it possible to get the thing working whithout having the teaching module. As far I understand the article of Harald, one don't have to.

So I would be glad If someone could give me help

Peter
skagerrak

Postby olivier2 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:33 pm

Hi,

Indeed, you don't need to have a teaching module. you just need the PPM-signal and the ground (sometimes also +5volt).
Check my website chapter 4 for the PPM-signal on your Terra-top.
I suppose you know that the serial interface does NOT wrk with win XP or win 2000...

Olivier
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX : buddy box compatibility problems between different brands of RC-transmitters
olivier2

Postby skagerrak » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:34 pm

skagerrak

Postby gaëtan lmr » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:06 am

Hi,
You can use serial or parallel port with windows XP and 2000 with a software which transform parallel or serial signal to joystick port : PPjoy.
At the beggening it was create for the parallel port but the latest version can use serial port
The joystick protocol is the same in all windows versions.
You can download it at

(I'm french, excuse me if my english isn't good ! ;) )
gaëtan lmr

Postby shackles57 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:49 pm

hi, i recently purchased the dragonfly helicopter and downloaded the fms simulator. i am trying to use my control from the heli to opterate the simulator but nothing seems to work. i am currently running windows 98. any suggestions?
shackles57

Postby isaksp00 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:39 am

Make sure the debug mode switch in PPJoyCOM is not checked when trying to fly a model - this killed me in Win XP until I realized it had to be off (even if you can calibrate successfully in FMS). Don't know if that's an issue in 98 or not.

What is actually happening?
isaksp00

Postby n3cyopc » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:18 pm

n3cyopc

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:04 pm

Steve Lewin

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface