[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Serial CLC-Transmitter on WinXP - No Reaction on the system

Serial CLC-Transmitter on WinXP - No Reaction on the system

Postby Cyberduck » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:17 pm

Hello Forum...
...second try...
I have a Colco / CLC / Cyclone - Transmitter with serial interfacecable.
On my WinXP-Laptop I can't get any reaction from the controller.
I tryed PPJoy but no signal...
what can I do?
Cyberduck

Postby klei » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:26 pm

klei

Postby Cyberduck » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:34 pm

I dont think that it is a PIC-Interface.
It's only a Connection-cable with a Serial and a mini-DIN plug, direct from the manufacturer.
On ebay there are several T-Birds with this equipment so there must be a solution for this problem.
Cyberduck

Postby online-guru » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:39 am

hello,

i have the same problem. The PPJoy driver does not recieve any data from the reciever. I have the cyclone sender...with a simple serial-interface.

I think it is a "COLCO T6VF" as i saw in ebay?!

Can anyone help??

thx
online-guru

Postby acewanab » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:25 am

I had the same problem until I read many forums for Helicopters online. The answer was not in one place. But here is how I solved my problem. After installing PPJOY and selecting Virtual joystick 1 and Com 1, I got "error 5 opening com port". This error message appears to the right of the Serial port box in the PPJOY window. If all is working ok the message should read "Reading serial stream". If you get the error 5 message then the com port is being used be another program. You can verify this by starting Hyper Term and select com 1. You should get a message saying that com 1 is in use. Microsoft Active Sync had a process running that takes the com port even though my pocket PC uses a USB port. I disabled this process and PPJOY started reading the COLCO controller. Under Serial protocol in the PPJOY window, I had to select FMS PIC 19200 baud to get it to work with the FMS simulator. If you check the box "Beep on serial input, and your COLCO controller is connected, you will hear a stream of clicks from your PC internal speaker NOT YOUR SOUND CARD speakers. NOTE!!! You get a BONUS. With the COLCO controller and the above configuration you don't need the AC adapter or batteries in the controller for it to work.:;): Remember PPJOY must be running before starting FMS.

After starting FMS, I went to the control drop down menu at the top right on the screen and selected analog control. Under interfaces, I selected Joystick interface and NOT the serial pic interface as one would expect. When I clicked on the resources button at the lower left, six bars showed on the next window. Move a stick on your controller and you move a bar. I then click on the Mapping/Calibrate button. For mapping I used Tail-4, Nick-2, Roll-3 and Pitch-1. This setting is for Helicopters. The top four channels are for airplanes. Next, I clicked on calibrate and followed the on screen direction. Selected a helicopter from the main FMS screen under Model/Load and I started crashing all over the world. These sitting may or may not work for you. So experiment. You can't hurt anything.

I hope the above save you a lot of you time from setting up anf getting FMS to work.

PS: My system is a DELL 8400 running Windows XP Pro with service pk 2
acewanab

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface