[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Smartpropoplus

Smartpropoplus

Smartpropoplus

Postby Ibanez » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:58 am

Ibanez

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:22 am

We will have to separate the different issues.
To make sure your cable is OK:
connect it to both Tx and computer.
Do NOT start FMS or SPP
Select the right input using programme sndvol32.exe -r
Start Winscope as indicated in the Step-by-step section of my site (www.SmartPropoPlus.com)
If you see nothing or random noise then your hardware (Cable, Tx, sound card) is not good.
If you see a noisy signal then you might need to lower the input volume or add a resistor.
If the signal is good then continue.

Start FMS:
This will also start SPP
Does the the signal disappear from Winscope?
If so, SPP has changed the audio source selection. Click on the SPP icon in the system tray to select the right source. Make sure that the signal is on the Winscope now.

Select the correct modulation type
I'm not sure what it would be for your model. I think it has some proprietary PCM that is not supported by SPP. You will have to move to PPM for simulation. Do that on both SPPconsole and Tx.

Calibrate FMS

Hope this helps
shaul_eiz

Postby Ibanez » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:17 pm

Hi Shaul_eiz

Thanks for your reply, thanks for you help.. I think its the budy lead cable I used, so what I did in the end was, use the Align serial (com) lead and cut the Hitec plug of the end. solded and joined a 1.5mtr rca lead to it and then solded the Hitec plug back on the end of the rca lead, keeping the wires lined up exacally the same. It works great..
Ibanez

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi Ibanez,
Please spell it out. Can you use your Tx with SPP to fly on FMS?

Shaul
shaul_eiz

Hitec eclipse and SPP in WinXP

Postby leo82 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Okay, i tried to get my hitec eclipse to work with SPP but i'm getting jittery controls.. i added resistor to audio cable, adjusted sound volumes on windows. Nothing seems to help. I'm using the ppm signal cause haven't found PCM versions of DLL file that works with Hitec. :evil:
Once this worked without jitters for 5 mins and on next start of FMS the jitters came back :cry:

Winscope shows some distortion in pulses and variation in levels... first is lowest and last one is highest, gradually rising. Adjusting input volume shows the signal level to change, so it's not too high.

The thermometer shows jittery bars too.

R/C signal analyzer shows shaky signals too.

Maybe Hitec uses different ppm signal than others?
Or maybe my transmitter is broken? That would explain some crashes with real plane :lol:

Oh yeah, im using microphone wire in my cable, should it be better shielded?
leo82

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:15 pm

If things begin OK but degrade with time then it is almost surely a hardware problem. More specifically, a heating problem.
It can either be the sound card or the transmitter.
I guess that this is the transmitter heating itself because the RF module was not removed AND the antenna not extended.
Try to remove the RF module (if possible) or extend your antenna. This should show immediate results.
One more thing. Did you short pins 4 & 5?
shaul_eiz

Hitec eclipse

Postby leo82 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:02 pm

leo82

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:10 pm

shaul_eiz

Postby leo82 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:07 pm

leo82

Postby Lindsay » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:32 pm

Lindsay

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:01 am

shaul_eiz

Postby Lindsay » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:20 am

Lindsay

SmartPropo

Postby ddwaner » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:45 pm

I use SmartPropo plus with Windows 2000 Pro SP 4, FMS Version 2.0, Alpha 8.5, with a Futaba 7CHP and JR Unlimited 8 transmitters (both ppm) using the front input jack of a SB Audigy Mic input jack set a 50%. I made a attinuator cable for matching the levels. Smart Propo Plus starts with FMS 90% of the time automatically, once in about 10 starts I have to close FMS and start it again to get the Smart Propo to kick in, otherwise it inputs transmitter signals to FMS just fine.
Just a word about Smart Propo Plus and the D O N G L E for Reflex, they both work with about the same regularity and are about as difficult to get working and setup in the system.
(The COST is a lot different)
Right now I am working on Panorama's for FMS here is a screen shot.

ddwaner

Postby Lindsay » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:13 pm

Thanks for the input. That scenery sure looks great!
Lindsay

Return to General Discussions