[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Futaba attack 4 interface - Futaba attack 4 interface

Futaba attack 4 interface - Futaba attack 4 interface

Postby benji » Sat May 12, 2001 5:33 pm

Hello
I want to connect my Futaba Attack 4 to my computer
I need some help? because there is no buddy port!

Thank you

(Edited by benji at 8:35 pm on May 12, 2001)
benji

Postby Jocko » Thu Oct 25, 2001 10:51 pm

I have an Attak 4. It will be a couple weeks before I try connecting to FMS but I'll let you know if I make any progress...
Jocko

Postby GUS_SVQ » Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:09 pm

Please forgive my English. I will try to explain haw to do it, I will do this in a couple of weeks because I’m having too much work now. If yow have a radio like futaba attack4 that have one of this chips, CD8081 or NE5054 you can take out the signal from it. The chip can be found in the board and it’s simple to identify it. You must solder a 3.3k resistor to the pin 10 and then solder it to a jack so you can connect the interface there. Any of the interfaces will work. I’ll use a stereo jack so I’ll connect an external source to feed the transmitter.

In a Couple of weeks I’ll make these and post the article fell free to e-mail me for any question. I’ll respond in my poor English.

Good luck, Gustavo from Sevilla Spain
GUS_SVQ

Postby prego » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:26 pm

Hi Guys,
I think the better option for this connection should be on pin 11, not pin 10. Pin 11 is TX out and it is just a transistor switching to ground.
It worked perfectely in my radio. Don't forguet the 5k6 resistor.
prego

Postby GUS_SVQ » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:26 pm

Pin 11 works great, just solder the output there and conect it to any of the circuits that are in the web. The signal in Pin 10 is too low and it works realy bad, a lot of noise.

By
GUS_SVQ

Postby Oddjob » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:27 pm

Thanks to the advice here I've just connected my old Challenger via a 3.5mm jack plug built into the case, using the USB port on the computer via a USB adapter from . Works perfectly. Used a 5k resistor to pin 11. It had no trainer port, so I was wondering how to do it.

Thanks for the help. This'll make it much cheaper when down at the flying field.

Best regards.
Oddjob

Postby IMAC Pilot » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:34 pm

Well, thanks people. oddjob, you say you have a Challenger, would that be the hitec Challenger 550? i have one of those as well as an attack 4. on the back of my Attack 4 there looks to be a cut-out spot for a trainer lead. can i get board to plug in?
Breaking formation, IMAC pilot out
IMAC Pilot

Return to General Discussions