[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - HELPPPP!!!! Transmitter problems - Computer doesn't recognize my transmitte

HELPPPP!!!! Transmitter problems - Computer doesn't recognize my transmitte

Postby jnjloo » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:51 pm

I am hoping for some help. I have a usb plug that connects my Hitec Flash 4 transmitter to my computer (xp home pentium 4 3ghz Geforce fx5600 256mb ram video card) When I first went through all the steps and hooked up the transmitter, the program worked great. Everything was fine. Then I installed a network connection with another computer and the fms wouldn't recognize my tranmitter at all, couldn't calibrate it or anything. Tried to uninstall the program and reinstall it, went through all the steps again and no dice. Only way I could get it to work again was to "restore" the computer to a date before I made the changes. Then it worked great again. Later I added a few games to the computer and again fms quit working. Now I don't want to "restore" it again, because I can't do that every time I change something.
The weird thing is that I just hooked in a joystick that i have, also usb, into the same port and it works fine. So I am thinking it may either be how fms recognizes the transmitter or the cord itself, but am thinking not the cord because it worked great when I "restored" the computer.
I have no idea what to try next. I've reinstalled the drivers several times and even downloaded the "alpha" version of the fms that says it works better with xp, but still no response. I would GREATLY appreciate any input you may have for me to try.

Thanks alot
Dan
jnjloo

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:07 pm

AFAIK FMS only recognises the first Game Controller in the Windows list. So if games or other joysticks etc. have added their controller in the top of the controller list that might explain it.

OTOH I can't imagine what that would have to do with installing a network connection.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby jnjloo » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:47 pm

Hi,
thanks for the reply. I wouldn't think that installing the games would put a joystick in the computer, as they don't use one (was starcraft, which you only use the keyboard for). I had never had the joystick connected to the computer before then, so the computer haden't "seen" it before. But if it was the problem, where could I look to see if there was another controller there??
Also, when I was having the trouble, I uninstalled the fms program. When I reloaded it, it came up on com 8. Before it had been on com 4. When I went under device manager to change it back to com 4 it said com 4 was being used or busy with another program and using it might cause the program to act wrongly. (it also said this for com 3-7, none of which were being used, but all of which I had tried to get fms to work on with the other usb ports on the computer) I assigned it anyway, and don't know if this is the problem. Then when I tried (I think pic check) it said it couldn't access the com 4 port and there was an error. Don't think I tried the pic check before that, so don't know if it was already a problem.
SO, do you have any idea how to delete the other com ports from the computer, as they are "virtual" made by the fms program and I can't see them in the device manager to get rid of them.

Sorry so much information, but trying to get this straightened out.
thanks again
dan
jnjloo

Postby rc-halk » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:24 pm

Go to Start > control Panel > game Controllers delete al of them and reinstall the TX

I have on Question for you how did you get to install a network connection on Win xp Home
because as far as I know you can not setup a network connection only in win xp pro
rc-halk

Postby rc-halk » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:32 pm

if you still have the network connection installed , uninstall it and reboot , hit the del key to enter the bios
select the restore the default , if the network connection is onboard disable it , save and exit , run win xp
and try to initialize the TX , let me know if this helped
rc-halk

Return to General Discussions