[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - USB interface self made ??

USB interface self made ??

Postby tomcat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:00 am

Hi all
I need a how to, to bild my own usb-interface.
I found hundred of pages for raedy made interfaces to buy, but no once with schematics+hex code to built it by my own.
who can help me ?
tomcat

Postby overhead » Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:37 pm

I too was looking for usb interface plans and was unable to find any. So I decided to build one for myself. These were some of the steps required to complete the task.

1. Learn usb protocol, this is complex and not easy to understand.
2. Look at all the available usb chips and select one.
3. Learn how to use the usb chip.
4. Build a developement jig and start expeimenting.
5. Learn to use the micro development software.
6. Develope code to read PPM and send data via usb.
7. Obtain and learn how to use pcb software.
8. Design pcb.
9. Produce pcb.
10. Now you need to put it all together so you have to find a case, connectors, cables, etc. to create a protype.
11. Then hope it all works.

It took me about 5 months to complete this project so I know what is involved. I am not surprised that others who have done this are not giving it out after all the work that they have put in.

These interfaces sell for like $45US but the builder does not make that. You have to cover all the costs for the parts. Then they have to be assembled and tested which takes a lot of time. So I think that the cost for the user is not that all bad. Also, don't forget about support. I spend a lot of time replying to emails.

I did enjoy the project and I learned a lot from it.

Good Luck in your usb project.

Check my if you like.

Dennis
Dennis
overhead

Postby tomcat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:45 pm

Thanks for answer Dennis.
You are right, you have spend a lot of time for this Projekt....
To design a PCB and made ist, thats not the problem.
With a "How to" i could also programm the pic.

But to Learn so many , that's nothing for me. I am
not an electronic engeneer,so i have to buy a ready made.....
tomcat

Return to General Discussions