[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Need help configuring w/ Futaba T7UHF Super

Need help configuring w/ Futaba T7UHF Super

Postby twinturbostang » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:42 am

Hi. New here. If this has been covered before, I appologize. I have searched around a little bit, but can't find my answers. Anyway, I have a "Super 7" (T7UHF Super) Futaba transmitter, and just built a parallel port interface for it. I'm having difficulty figuring out the configuration for it to work properly in FMS. Somewhere between PPJoy's configuration, Windows gameport configuration, and FMS configuration I get totally lost! At times, I appear to have some sort of control in the game using "joystick interface" and not "serial pic interface". But the controls, buttons, etc. are all messed up. I don't know what channel is supposed to be what, or what toggle switch/button is supposed to be what.

BTW, I currently have no way of programming the transmitter. I don't know if that matters or not. My battery is won't keep a full charge, so the Tx goes into "LBAT" mode (low battery mode), locking me out of any programming. It appears to still output signals, but I can't do any configuring at the Tx. I've got a new battery on order from Tower Hobbies, but won't get that till next week sometime.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.
Brian
twinturbostang

Postby twinturbostang » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:21 am

Ok, I'm getting there. I've got the four basic flight controls now looks like. In the PPJoy configuration, I set it up as follows...

Axis 1: X Axis (aileron)
Axis 2: Y Axis (Elev)
Axis 3: Throttle
Axis 4: Rudder

I can sort of control the plane from FMS. Although I've got some sort of mixing going on between rudder and throttle. That may be due to a heli program in the Tx, which as I mentioned, I can't change right now due to the battery. :angry: I have no control over any switches or knobs either. And the helicopters in FMS don't work also. Again, probably control setup issues.

BTW, I've noticed that sometimes it appears to be a bit twitchy. It seems to be something related to the cable I made, which is via this design: I'm using coax cable maybe 6-8' long. But coax is a good cable to use for shielding the signals, so I don't think there's a problem there. Maybe the timing settings in PPJoy need to be adjusted though. :shrug:

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks! :)
Brian
twinturbostang

Postby twinturbostang » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:34 pm

Slowly but surely I'm getting it there. Found a battery pack that worked well enough to switch to "ACRO" mode (airplane), and that took care of the rudder mixing issue. Also found out I had a bad solder in the connector. That was causing the strange twitching. All fixed now. :)

Next up: to figure out the switches.
twinturbostang

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:51 am

If you mean switches on the Tx they aren't going to do anything. FMS only uses 4 channels of control.

If you haven't sorted the helis out you probably just haven't set up the bottom 4 entries in the LH panel of the calibrate screen.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby twinturbostang » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:15 pm

Cool. Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure how much info was transmitted to the program. (eg: gear switch, flaps, etc.). I guess it's just the basic stuff.

Oh, and I've got the heli's working now, thanks to you. Didn't know what the last 4 entries did, especially "nick". But now I see that's fore/aft cyclic.

Thanks! :)

edit: Oh, speaking of the heli's, do the idle up programs in my Tx work? Or is it all programed into FMS?
twinturbostang

Return to General Discussions