[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - USB interface for FMS with little effort - build you own USB interface

USB interface for FMS with little effort - build you own USB interface

Postby HaryS » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:17 pm

Hi guys!

Please have a look on the new USB-Chip from Code Mercenaries. It totally well fits in connecting every PPM transmitter to your USB port on your XP or W2000 computer.

Get some information about my first encounter with that chip on my homepage .

My page is written in German, the homepage of Code Mercenaries (see link on my page) has information in English as well.

HaryS

(in case of questions please contact me via my email address found on my homepage since I rarely join this forum. Thanks)
HaryS

Postby rc-halk » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:34 am

Let me get this right , you found a way to build a usb interface , to work in fms,
Can you please post a diagram and lay out in the forum , I would like to build one also
rc-halk

Postby HaryS » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:21 pm

Yes, you´re right.
But it was no great thing, I only fiddled together a preprogrammed chip and some glue logic. Please have a look at my HP on
(I promise: no worms, no viruses, no fakes. You can dare to click on that link)
There you will see the schematic and some description on how I got the thingy to work. Easy and straight forward. And affordable, as I see it.
Perhaps you will take a look at the HP of the german distributor of the chip (there you can get some info in english as well. Look for JoyWarrior24 RC).

Info: the chips itself are from Cypress, but without the firmware from Code Mercenaries they are plainly electronic debris... as long as you are not willing and able to program the controller on your own, implementing the USB software stack and all that stuff. Hard to do and perhaps not worth the effort...

HTH
HaryS
HaryS

Return to General Discussions