[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - need help using remote

need help using remote

need help using remote

Postby warbirds » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:36 am

I got a windows xp and a 3 channel controller from a ventura plane and I don't know how to use it with the sim can someone help (like what do I need, how do I set it up if its possible, and how much it would cost if i need to buy something) :o
warbirds

Re: need help using remote

Postby aeropal » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:59 am

aeropal

Postby Wyu » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:04 am

Wyu

Postby warbirds » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:41 am

warbirds

Postby scottpy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:15 pm

scottpy

Postby phildc » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:54 am

Remember the reference site about this 'buddy box' subject:

where you can also find all info about a free virtual scope on your pc (using an audio input, like mike or line).

There are several versions; here one:

click on the scope screen to access the zip file.

Phil.
phildc

Postby warbirds » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:35 am

hey everyone thanks for the help, I ordered the esky 4ch flight simulator system thought I'd give that a try and its on its way :D
warbirds

3-channel controller for Red Hawk/Ventura

Postby jcerne » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum and I've been very impressed by the quality and quantity of the information posted. I have a Flyzone Red Hawk, which has a 3-channel Tx that appears nearly identical to the Ventura that started this thread.

Although there's no mention of it in the manual, my Tx has a coax port that looks like it carries the FM signal (puts out a 6V amplitude, 12V peak-to-peak, sine wave at 27 MHz). This signal looks the same as the signal I measure when I put the voltage probes directly on the antenna. I would like to try using my Tx with FMS using SmartPropoPlus, as described in this Forum, but have had little success so far.

I've tried putting this signal onto two different pc's with two different sound cards using the microphone port, but MS Sound Recorder shows no response. Perhaps I'm overloading the input to the card? Do programs like Sound Recorder show no signal when they're saturated? I've tried both mono and stereo 1/8" jacks. I've tried putting resistors ranging from 5kOhm to 50kOhm on the central conductor to act as a voltage divider, but have not been able to decrease the voltage at the sound card end substantially. My experience with electronics is at much lower frequencies, so I'm probably missing something here (like impedance matching, reflections, etc). The resistor was placed at the Tx end of the cable because that's where I'm attaching a mono coax cable.

As expected, when I run FMS, I just get noise in the channels.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks for your help,
John
jcerne

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:29 pm

shaul_eiz

Tx aux port output?

Postby jcerne » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:50 am

Thanks for the recommendation on using the sound card oscilloscope software. It's really nice. I apologize for my ignorance, but is the the auxillary port on the transmitter supposed to output the modulation (around a kHz, with millisecond pulses in a 22.5 millisecond train) on the carrier signal or the modulated carrier signal itself (tens of MHz)?

Since my transmitter is putting out a 27MHz signal (I have no way to demodulate it to figure out if it's in fact being modulated, the change in frequency is too small to see on my scope), this signal is probably too fast for the analog to digital converter on the sound card and is being averaged to zero. Unless I figure out a way to demodulate this signal or find the kHz modulation signal on the transmitter circuit board, it doesn't look like the port on my transmitter will work with a sound card. It probably makes more sense to buy a separate joystick like the ESky.

Please let me know if my assumption about the transmitter output port is correct.

Thanks,
John
jcerne

Postby shaul_eiz » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:02 am

shaul_eiz

Return to PIC Interface