[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PIC like interface with an AVR

PIC like interface with an AVR

Postby alexraws » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:13 pm

Hi,

I am looking for the format of the serial data you need to send FMS in order to use the PIC interface. Where would I find information. I am planning to implement this on an AVR microcontroller from ATMEL.

Regards

Alex Rawstorne
Capetown South Africa.
alexraws

Postby Mike Roberts » Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:10 pm

Alex

Have a look at the files in the DOC directory of FMS Beta 7. You should find the PIC code easy to understand and hence make an AVR alternate. In broad terms with the 19,200 baud format (why bother with 9600baud) the sync pulse is sent as hex 'FF' and each other pulse is sent as an 8 bit number where zero is around 0.86ms and 2.14ms is hex 'FE' - i.e. binary 1 = 5us. At 19,200 baud the data can be sent during the initial 0.86ms of the next pulse. I hope this helps.

Setup info etc on my website. :D
Mike Roberts

Postby alexraws » Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:03 am

Thanks Mike,

I had a look last night and found the info. I will post the AVR solution as soon as I have done it for those who want it.

Regards

Alex :D
alexraws

Return to PIC Interface