[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - windows XP - help

windows XP - help

Postby sokrrox » Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:19 pm

I just recieved a version of FMS that is supposed to support Windows XP. I down loaded the program and installed the interface cord into the printer slot in the back of my computer. I still can not get my simulator to work. Is there anyone out there that can walk me through this. I am getting kind of frustrated and mad. When you reply, just assume that I am computer stupid. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chuck.
sokrrox

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:36 am

If your interface plugs into the printer/parallel port then it will not work with Win XP. It's not the program that's at fault it's just that you have the wrong interface.

You have the parallel interface, the one you want is the PIC interface. The correct one contains a PIC microcontroller and uses the serial/COM port.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby clawson » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:21 am

Chuck,

I recently faced the same problem as you and while I've got a Ripmax transmitter->joystick adapter for which there are Win2K/XP drivers I couldn't use it on my work PC because, although it has on-board audio there is no joystick port. Then I found a link to:

and just made up a simple cable from my FF6 to the audio line-in on my PC and found I could then use it for FMS (but only if set to PCM, I can't get PPM to work yet).

Cliff
clawson

Return to PIC Interface