[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Airtronics VG6DR signal format - Has anyone details?

Airtronics VG6DR signal format - Has anyone details?

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri May 17, 2002 7:42 pm

Can we get a solution to interface the airtronics users out there? I know I can design an interface given the signal information. It is really frustraiting that all the airtronics transmitters are on the other side of the big pond. Please can someone with an airtronics set attach a scope and let me know what the trace looks like. ???

Thank you
Mike Roberts

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri May 17, 2002 7:58 pm

Hi Mike, surely you can get your hands on a Sanwa equivalent or are the US Airtronics-badged ones actually different ? I know a couple of people with Sanwa Txs so I'll see if I can borrow one but from what I remember the encoder output is just like Futaba.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun May 19, 2002 8:47 pm

Steve

Yes the Airtronics are different to the UK Sanwa. The computer sets have an 'invert' or 'reverse option with makes the interface work. The older analogue sets do not have this option. Many people have these older sets - either because they look after them or want to dedicate them to FMS while reserving their newer sets for real flying.

Any info you can get would be apreciated.

Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby Ken Hewitt » Mon May 20, 2002 6:32 pm

The new Sanwa VG400 and 600 are the same as Airtronics now, in that the output is inverted like the normal setting on the RD6000 which you need to set to PPR mode to get it to work. The best bett is do the inversion in software.

Ken.
Ken Hewitt[br][url]ken@welwyn.demon.co.uk[/url][br]
Ken Hewitt

Postby Mike Roberts » Tue May 21, 2002 8:33 pm

Ken

Many thanks for your comments. I am still do not see why one has to invert the signal. If the positive pulses ('normal' mode) are all the same length then the time differences between successive rising edges is the same as between successive falling edges - so inversion should not be necessary. ???

Is the Airtronics signal referred to ground in both cases or their 'normal' (inverted) signal refered to the positive rail - and hence might not fall enough to turn off an NPN input transistor?
Mike Roberts

Postby Ken Hewitt » Wed May 22, 2002 5:28 pm

If the PIC software is written to respond too edges as against levels then it will work fine, but most people me included write their code to work on levels, hence it only works for one polarity of input. I do have a new input routine written which will work with either but have not had a chance to include it yet.

Ken.
Ken Hewitt[br][url]ken@welwyn.demon.co.uk[/url][br]
Ken Hewitt

Postby GiZZeRR » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:03 pm

Sorry for butting in guys but I bought a pic interface from Mike for my Hitec Flash5, just wondering if this will work with the Sanwa RD6000super I'm about to buy? Or am I to understand that there is no interface yet?

GiZZeRR
GiZZeRR

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:42 pm

GiZZeRR
All you have to do is change the plug or make up a new lead with the connections on my website and you will be running.

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Postby GiZZeRR » Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:05 pm

Thanks for the reply Mike. The thing is I've changed my mind and I'm getting a Hitec Eclipse7. Will I have any problems getting the cable to work on this TX? Thanks

GiZZeRR
GiZZeRR

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:12 pm

GiZZeRR

The Hitec format is the same as Futaba so no problems.

All

I have just had the opportunity to get a Sanwa/Airtronics RD6000 transmitter connected to my 'scope. My PIC Serial interface works fine in both ppm and inverse ppm mode (no difference/re-calibration needed).

The RD6000 signal in normal mode is 3v magnitude, based on ground with positive going pulses. In inverse mode the peaks of the pulses go to ground and the base level is at 3v. On this basis I cannot see why we have been having any problems with Airtronics sets. Both my circuit and the serial circuit in the manual should work fine. The magnitude might not however be enough for the parallel interface.

I would still love to get hold of a trace for the VG6DR analogue set as this is the only transmitter I have failed to get work in over 200 interfaces supplied.

:D Mike
Mike Roberts

Return to PIC Interface