[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Nothing works......

Nothing works......

Postby Nathan » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:27 am

Hi there, I have purchased one of the PIC interfaces and can not get it to work with my Hitec Flash 5X...... I set up the proporties for the serial port in the device manager (Win 2000) to 19200 baud, no parity, 8 databits and no flow ctrl. as read from other posting.....

When I try to do the calibration the little blue bars does not move at all.....

Anyone got a clue ?????

Regards
Nathan
Nathan

Postby Nathan » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:14 am

Please see this address for wrong interface assembly:

Regards
Nathan
Nathan

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:43 pm

Purchased from where ? Didn't it come with instructions ? Are you sure it should be 19200 ? Some of the interfaces run at 9600. Did you also set the correct serial port up in FMS (resources) ?

Is your Tx turned on ? Tx plug wired correctly ? Signal on pin 2 and ground on Pin 6/screen, some of the instructions on various websites are wrong.

Steve
BTW one of your pictures is unreadable
Steve Lewin

Postby Nathan » Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:29 pm

I purchased it from Ken Hewit, and it didn't come with any documentation.

I will try to set FMS and Win2000 up to 9600 baud tonight. And you are right, that picture doesn't look too good :-) I'll change it.

The wiring is done as you describe it.

I read somewhere that the transmitter should be off, the shortage of pin 4 and 5 should power it up. I have tried with the transmitter both on and off.....
Nathan

Postby Nathan » Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:45 pm

Here I am again, I think I have found the problem...... i compared the (good) topside picture to this one

and it seems that I have mounted the transistor wrong :0
And this page also states that the interface runs at 9600 baud.

I can't see if the PIC is mounted wrong, but should be able to measure that.

I will let you know about the outcome.
Nathan

Postby Nathan » Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:51 pm

The error is found, the transistor was mounted wrong, I got it out, turned it 180deg. and soldered it in again..... the PC and FMS was set to 9600 baud, and I could take off..... great :)
Nathan

Return to PIC Interface