[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - swithPIC interface help please

swithPIC interface help please

Postby fozinhoffer » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:32 am

I've built Eric's circuit but I can't get correct voltage across zener (-.5v). Voltage at pin 2 of db9 is -9.6 with 0 volts at base of transistor. I've tried flipping zener thinking I got it backwards.....no difference. Please help.

thanks,
mikea
fozinhoffer

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:12 am

You did not state which of the circuits you've build. I'm assuming it's the PIC 16F84 one.

Check all your transistors, and see if their connections are correct. Also, remember that FMS must be running for the interface to function correct. When FMS is started, it will configure the supplies on the serial port.

Let me know, and we can try to help you.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby joner » Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:36 am

joner

Postby fozinhoffer » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:02 pm

fozinhoffer

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:55 pm

I have build five of my PIC 16F84 interfaces again tonight, and all were tested to work correct (2 for JR, two for Hitec, and one Futaba).

Double check all your components, critical are the transistors, PIC, and zener (mounted correct). With FMS running, and pin 5 of the plug as common, you should measure around +6 to +9 volts on pin 7, and -6 to -9 volts on pin 4.

This means the supplyis fine. Next, measure across the zener, you should get around 5.6 volts. If you measure lower than 4 volts, I can suggest you changing the 470R resistor with a 220R (nothing lower), but only if you measure below 6 volts on pin 7.

The circuit should then be up and running.

Good luck.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Eric Brouwer

Postby fozinhoffer » Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:58 am

Eric,
Here are my voltages with FMS running....
across pin 5 and 7 = 7.3v
across pin 5 and 4 = -5.7v
across zener = 4.77v

I still get no sign of life in calibration mode.
I will check PIC again...thanks for the help.

mikea
fozinhoffer

Postby Eric Brouwer » Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:10 pm

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Eric Brouwer

Postby fozinhoffer » Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:07 am

fozinhoffer

Postby Eric Brouwer » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:51 pm

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Eric Brouwer

Return to PIC Interface