[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - calibration

calibration

Postby dobbo » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:31 pm

I have installed FSM up my laptop on '98 connected my Sanwa RD6000 sport through a usb serial adapter. When i come to calibrate it i get no movement out of the channel meters. I've gone through a whole list of troubleshooters but i'm having no joy can anyone sugest anything that could be helpful?

Am i using the correct inerface by using Serial PIC? Even though i have tried the others and still getting no movement.

Thanks

:(
dobbo

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:05 am

Do you mean that you have a FMS serial interface connected through a USB-serial adaptor rather than plugged into a serial port ? If so what type of FMS interface is it ?

Or do you mean you have bought a USB - transmitter interface for FMS ? In that case it should be treated as a joystick not a Serial PIC interface. It needs to be set up/calibrated in Windows Game Controllers before you use it with FMS.

Give us a few more details of exactly what you have (and perhaps where you got it from) and I'm sure someone can help.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby dobbo » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:35 pm

I have a FMS serial interface that has to connect through the usb-serial adapter to enable it to connect to my laptop.

I can not at this moment tell you what kind of interface it is, as it was created by someone else from some information he aquired from a website - www.customelectronics.co.uk

I have tried setting it up as a PIC interface, and as the IRQ interface. There is no problem with the interface or controller as they have bneen tested on another machine and have worked. Do you know of any issues that may arise when using a usb-serial adapter?

Sorry a cannot give you any other information as i am just helping somenone to get this running as he has little expeience of computers and i have none of the softaware and hardware he is using.

Thankyou in adavnce
dobbo

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:25 pm

It sounds like a simple IRQ serial I/F. Certainly that's what the circuit diagrams on Mike's site are for. I've not actually tried it but I would not really expect an IRQ serial interface to work with a USB-serial converter.

That interface does not use the serial protocols but accesses individual serial port pins directly which I don't believe is possible via a USB converter. It also leaches power from the serial port and I'm not how well that works though it's at least possible.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby dobbo » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:06 pm

I have tried installing it on to a normal desktop pc into a serial port, but this only has windows 2000 and XP installed onto it. I have tried all the methods again using the PIC or IRQ interface settings, yet still i am still getting no luck. Would you put this down to the operating system not being windows 98? or should it work with either of these.

Again Thankyou Steve

The version of FMS i am using is Version 2.0 Beta 7 if this should make any difference.
dobbo

Postby Mike Roberts » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:47 pm

dobbo

The simple IRQ serial interface does not work with W2000, XP. Thank you MS! It uses the 'ring indicator' pin rather than the normal Rx, handshaking connections (as used by the PIC Serial). It would not surprise me if a USB to serial converter also did not support the 'ring indicator' connection.

The PIC Serial does work with all of the above. I have supplied units for use with USB to serial converters and they work fine.

Given the cost of the serial to USB converters I developed my USB R/C joystick interface to enable a transmitter to work with Windows software/simulators that will accept a joystick control.

I hope this helps

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Return to PIC Interface