[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PIC Interface doesn't work with 2.0 beta 8 - PIC Interface doesn't work with new vers

PIC Interface doesn't work with 2.0 beta 8 - PIC Interface doesn't work with new vers

Postby Isaac » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:31 pm

I used PIC interface for a long time with beta 7, but it doesn't work with beta 8.

My computer is P4 2.4GHz Hyper Threading, Mother board ASUS P4S533-X, 256MB DDRAM, GeForce 2 MX400 16Mb, Win 98SE, TX Futaba Skysport 6A (FP-T6VA).

First I fixed the "sample time". It apears that FMS expect the decimal separator be always "," (comma), but the number was entered with the separator as "." (decimal point).
With "sample time" = 0,001 I got too low frame rates (5 - 15). With "sample time" = 0,005 things where better.

I can calibrate all channels, and yes, all channels are assigned correctly, but I can't control the model.
Sometimes it works for a while, sometimes never. Most times it begins full throttle.

The odd thing is that if I use the keyboard to reduce throttle, it doesn't rises anymore, even with the keyboard.
This happens with all controls settings.

I have tried everithing I could imagine, but things don't work.

It appears to be a bug in FMS 2.0 beta 8.

Isaac
Isaac
Isaac

Postby Cuban Flyer » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:00 pm

Hi

I get the same issue if I initialize the sim and have no throttle applied at all it will not start, however with 1 click of throttle it will restart and works OK.

Seems like some kind of restart issue.

:(
Cuban Flyer

Postby Cuban Flyer » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:09 pm

Hi

Just tested 8.1 and this installed and run with out any apparent issues, will post if I come across anything.

:)
Cuban Flyer

Postby Eagle Al » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:42 am

I am having the same problem with a serial PIC on FMS 8.1. I can map and calibrate the channels, but the program won't respond to my stick inputs. I did find the pgm would work if I went to Graphics and under Hardware unchecked both items. Also doing a new load of the model sometimes helped.

BTW I have a VG400 and a 1.6 Ghz PC with Windows ME. I know there is nothing wrong with it or any of the ports. A 2-axis joy stick works just fine, but I miss not having the throttle.

Al :(
Eagle Al

Return to PIC Interface