[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Calibration issues

Calibration issues

Postby tbush » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:59 pm

My PIC serial interface has calibration issues. I can only seem to get half of the stick travel. For example, I get a smooth down elevator but no up elevator. I get Left rudder, but no right. If I calibrate with the trims all the way over I can get some responce that is limited and twitchy. It acts like it is rolling over and jumping from 2 to 1 ms. Anyone have this problem before?
tbush

Postby megabrain » Wed Jul 24, 2002 5:55 pm

You can verify that your interface is working correctly by using a comms monitor and looking at the data, and how it changes when you move the sticks.

I haven't experienced any calibration funnies with FMS yet!

BTW, are you using the 9600, or 19200 baud verison of the Pic serial interface?
megabrain

Postby Mike Roberts » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:12 pm

Two checks you might make:

Is your transmitted data within the PIC range of around 0.86 to 2.14ms?

How old is your Transmitter? Could it be that you are suffering from worn pots? Some switch cleaner is worth trying, however if a tx has got to this state I would replace the pots before using it for real!

Cheers :D
Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby adamsc » Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:03 pm

I had a similar problem when I built a PIC serial cable. I'm using a Hitec Flash 5x. I was trying to fly the Zagi model and it kept banking left and down. I finally figured out that I had to set up FMS for my TX, which is on Elevon Mixing (for the Zagi). Go into the Controls menu, then choose Mapping/Calibration. I actually had to change Rudder to channel 4, Elevator to channel 2, Aileron to channel 1, and Throttle to channel 3. I also had to check the Inv box on Aileron. Yours may be different, so a little experimenting may be in order.
Hope that helps!
adamsc

Return to PIC Interface