[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Dragonfly Radio & FMS

Dragonfly Radio & FMS

Postby markswan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:13 pm

I have a new Dragonfly heli that came with their own 4-channel radio controller. It uses a 4-pin din style connector into the radio and 9-pin serial connector into the PC. I am running WinXp and cannot get the radio to be acknowledged. I setup using analog, 9600, serial PIC. When I click calibrate, there is no response when moving the sticks. Has anyone had any luck using FMS with the Dragonfly controller?

Thanks!
Mark
markswan

Postby markswan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:47 pm

I found the solution elsewhere in this forum

markswan

Postby galakawitz » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:06 am

galakawitz

Postby outcastrc » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:53 pm

My dragonfly radio has a phonejack plug style. Did yours come with the GWT4AII radio?
outcastrc

Postby phildc » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:26 pm

A COM serial interface can be tested with:

You can select COM, speed, aso...

The whole RC+PC project:

Philippe
phildc

Postby gugges » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:17 am

I got the dragonfly with the miniDIN connector or SVHS connection, does anoyone have the connenctions on the pins in it so i know witch one to connect to witch when i haver solder the cable ready!??
gugges

Postby gugges » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:43 pm

Well i figured it out :)
gugges

Postby isaksp00 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:21 pm

Make sure you uncheck the check box labelled debug, that enables the sound feedback, in PPJoyCOM before you try flying in FMS. You can calibrate the joysticks from your transmitter in FMS, so it looks like it is working, but I found that unless you turn off this debug feature you can't conrol any models.
isaksp00

Postby Spoon » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:44 pm

i have just bought a dragon fly and i am having no luck with trying to get my PC to recognise my RC (if it helps my control's are the SVHS type connector) if anyone who has had this problem could please give me a few pointers, that would be very much appriciated :)
Spoon

Postby Iain » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:44 pm

Hi - before reading any further please note - I am a COMPLETE newbie, Dragonfly 36 arrived yesterday and interface cable today. So, I've probably flooked it.

I have the above heli with the standard Walkera Tx with the funny S-VHS type connector at the back. The Tx was damaged on arrival (minor - the spring for the roll control was missing) so I had to fake one using an old biro. Probably nothing to do with your problem but it proves I had to remove the back and poke around the innards (yuch).

I also ordered from www.milehighwings.com their PIC interface cable which includes an adapter (to plug into the S-VHS female socket) suitable for Walkera 22E, 35, and 36 6-ch transmitters. Cost (at time of writing) $24.99 including a copy of the freeware simulator FMS with a whole bundle of added models on CD.

Their CD comes with basic set up instructions but basically it was very straight forward. Plug RS232(9-pin) plug into PC (running Win XP BTW), plug other end into back of Tx, remove crystal from Tx (to save batteries and stop knocking down other R/C craft in the area), switch on Tx. Start up FMS and go via menu bar to Control - Analogue controls - select PIC-interface. Select Mapping/Calibration and enter 42314231 from top to bottom in the lect screen, and toggle the Inverse settings of Rudder, Aileron, Tail and Roll on. On the right side click calibrate and follow on the intstruction about 1. rotating all the Tx controls through their full range and 2. setting all controls to their central position and clicking again. Finally, click on Model on the menu bar and look for the "dragonfly.par" model.

Please note that I did not make any adjustments to RS232 settings etc, and everything worked perfectly first time (except I can't fly - but that's my problem).

Great heli, great simulator!
Iain

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:19 am

See for the cable connections.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby Gobol » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:57 pm

This TX (Dragonfly's Walkera) has its own PPM-encoding so it won't work with classic FMS-PIC interface and other "standarized" RX-s too.
The simplest solution is PPJoy & Zhen-Hua algorithm selected.
Gobol

Postby David_Neumann » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:12 pm

David_Neumann

Return to PIC Interface