[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - cant get PIC to work HELP !! PLEASE

cant get PIC to work HELP !! PLEASE

Postby clivedavies » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:34 pm

Purchased a PIC from Mr Ken Hewitt, plugged it into COM2, running Windows XP, and when I try to calibrate, can't seem to get Aileron or Rudder Control, Calibration very irratic, very jumpy not smooth. Transmitter is Sanwa VG600.

When I fly the models, planes take off OK but immediately veer to either left or right, I have no control over this. Please any Ideas. Also planes are very irratic, and jumpy, bit like when I fly my Zagi, but thats another point !!!

Kind Regards

Clive ???
clivedavies

Postby Eric Brouwer » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:55 pm

Make sure that you have selected PIC Interface, then select correct serial port, and set the baud rate at 19200.

Calibration should then be OK.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby clivedavies » Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:25 pm

many thanks for speedy responce. Unfortunately It still does not work properly. I've set the baud rate to what you suggested, but still the calibration seems pretty ropey, very erratic. Planes wont fly and just take off and once again veer left or right, then crash. I'e tried so mant variables to get this to work, am beginning to loose patience now.

Planes also seem quite unnatural when flying, and engine sounds sound very dodgy. If I was flying the plane, I'd eject.
Seems to be effecting Sound card...?

Once again thanks for reply ;)
clivedavies

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:54 pm

I suppose you did buy an interface specifically for the Sanwa didn't you. Although the plug looks the same as a Futaba plug the wiring is sufficiently different to give you that sort of effect.

Also have you been through the complete calibration process ? Initially the bars jump all over the place until it's properly calibrated.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby clivedavies » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:04 pm

Yes, the Interface was purchased as being suitable for the Sanwa Radio, keeping fingers crossed that Mr Hewitt replies to my Email shortly, see what he has to say.

Once again thanks for the info.

Kind Regards

Clive
clivedavies

Postby Cuban Flyer » Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 pm

Hi

I think you will find that for Kens interface you need to set the baud rate to 9600 not 19200

HTH
Cuban Flyer

Return to PIC Interface