[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Interface-Hardware needed for FC-16

Interface-Hardware needed for FC-16

Postby Schmax » Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:08 pm

Hi everybody!

I want to connect my Futaba FC-16 to my PC to control FMS's planes/helicopters with it, but all I have found out up to now is, that I need this "buddy box" (of which I don't know anything about, e.g. how or where to connect it to my r/c?) and some interface-cable (most certain a PIC-interface, as I don't have a parallel-port on my PC and am running Windows XP).

But which components are best to use in my case? And could someone please tell me what this would cost me? I'm still a student and I don't have much money to spend on that (probably the reason why I want to use this freeware-sim ;)).

Thanks!

edited: oops, sorry. I forgot to add a '?' to the end of the thread-title ???

edited again:
Alright, now I've been looking for an equivalent to this buddy box. Would a trainer-system like that one:

do the job?
Adapter-cable for DIN-plug:

Is that what I need to connect my R/C with this:

to my PC?
Also, should my R/C be trainer or pupil to operate it on a PC?

Sorry that I'm rather annoying (and asking sorta newbie-questions), but I'd rather make all of you get angry at me than destroying a helicopter at the first flight. Once this happened to me with a beautiful, expensive aerobatics-trainer, and I certainly DON'T want it to happen again ;)
Schmax

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:34 pm

Schmax

All you need is your transmitter - and it should have a buddy connection (most do) so it can act as a 'buddy box'. Yes for XP you need a PIC Serial, Interface. Alternatively you can go for a USB Joystick interface which has the advantage that you can drive other programs/sims as well.

Thank you for noting my website. I supply my interfaces with leads so you can plug in and play!

Please email if you have any further questions.

Cheers

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Return to PIC Interface