[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Callibration works but nothing beyond that!

Callibration works but nothing beyond that!

Callibration works but nothing beyond that!

Postby brett » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:29 pm

Hey all, I did a search for 1.5 hours on these forums trying to find an answer so maybe someone could help me? I have a Skysport 4 transmitter. I installed the software and have calibrated my radio. Both throttle and the rudder/elevator sticks do work just fine. HOwever, i cannot get anywhere when it comes to flying a plane. The plane sits there with the engine revving but I cannot make it do anything. It seems to forget that I am calibrated and does not seem to know I am there. Yes, I did click on Simulation, Initialize. I told it to use Joystick Interface and I still get nowhere. My keyboard even does nothing with it except turn the planes left and right on the runway. I have Windows XP home. On the instructions, it says to set tx to PPM and not PCM. Frankly, I dont have a clue as to what that means. MY TX does not have anything like that to set at all! If anyone can help, many thanks!

Brett
brett

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:30 pm

Your Tx only works in PPM so that's not the problem.

It usually helps if you say EXACTLY what interface you're using but I'll assume it's some sort of USB/Joystick type. When you say you calibrated it o.k. do you mean in FMS or just in Windows ? You have to do both.

In Analog Controls/Joystick you need the Mapping/Calibration button. You need to calibrate in there and also make sure that the channel numbers on the LH side are correct. For your Tx they should be, from the top 4,2,1,3,4,2,1,3

BTW with the keyboard you need to remember to hit the throttle (V), then use the other controls.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Joystick interface problem

Postby brett » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:49 pm

Steve, thanks for your reply.

<<Posted:
It usually helps if you say EXACTLY what interface you're using but I'll assume it's some sort of USB/Joystick type.>>

Yeah, it is by Simblaster. I did mean to mention that.

<< When you say you calibrated it o.k. do you mean in FMS or just in Windows ? You have to do both. >>

I calibrated it in windows and it was working fine. I opened up the FMS program and the controls work there too.

<<In Analog Controls/Joystick you need the Mapping/Calibration button. You need to calibrate in there and also make sure that the channel numbers on the LH side are correct. For your Tx they should be, from the top 4,2,1,3,4,2,1,3 >>

AHH, that was the problem. I got it working now! The only thing is, the controls keep reversing themselves. I just hit pause, change my controls on the TX and keep on flying. Thanks a lot!

Brett
brett

Postby kushal_22 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:39 am

How do you Calibrate it in Windows?

I had a G2 Sim TX that I was using with FMS I just sold it to a friend of mine he has downloaded FMS and he is having the same Problem Brett is does he need to change his Numbers to those ones as well?

Thanks
Malcom
kushal_22

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:14 am

Same problem as Brett's ? So it works except some of the controls are on the wrong sticks ? Then setting the correct channel numbers is all you need.

But if you haven't calibrated it in Windows it won't be working at all. Which is it ? To calibrate, in Win XP Home it's Start/Settings/Control Panel/Game Controllers. Then it needs calibrating again in FMS.

The other trick is that it MUST be the first joystick in the list of Game Controllers because that's the only one FMS will use.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby kushal_22 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:29 pm

Sorry about that i got a little confused.

Whats Happening is that he wiggles the sticks and all the correct blue lines move all channels are correct but when he goes to fly the Plane it just sits there. I think you have given us the answer we need though

Thanks a Bunch
Mal
kushal_22

Postby weldick » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:31 pm

I also had a problem, this time with an ESky Simulator until I set the mapping to 4 2 1 3 4 2 1 3 and set them all to reversed.
Now I can fly.
weldick

Return to Joystick-Interface